What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

bruce-springsteen-wrecking-ball-columbia.jpg

One for CED :D

This could be a bit biased as its hard for the Boss to dissapoint me (hell, I even liked W.O.A.D) but ive been listening to this all week in the car to and from work and thought it was brilliant. Have just sat down and listened to it with some headphones on the sofa and ive decided its truly something amazing. Its equal parts The Rising/Seeger Sessions/Born in the USA. Then there are nods to Johnny Cash and Thunder Road littered in there as well as a brilliant solo effort from the Big Man on Land of Hope and Dreams.

Even the weaker tracks on the album are great. Cant believe the man is 62 and still making some of the best music around.

You can criticise him for singing for the common man while raking the millions in but that would be missing the point of why he does what he does and where he has come from.

Gonna take one hell of an album to stop this being my favourite this year.

:notworthy:

Possibly one of the most important records in the last fifty years!

iy5iwFRY2oQs.jpg

Inspired by Gustav Mahler, Frédéric Chopin, Johannes Brahms and Franz Liszt infused with soundtrack elements from 1950's Science Fiction movies...what a combination!

Kaada_patton_romances.jpg

Hmmmm. I quite like that Kaada-Patton stuff. Touch of the Talk Talk about it.

Interesting, i've never heard Talk Talk; I always thought them to be rather mainstream?

The group had a string of international hit singles including "Today", "Talk Talk", "It's My Life", "Such a Shame", "Dum Dum Girl", "Life's What You Make It" and "Living in Another World".

In their later years the band's commercial appeal receded, but their critical reputation increased as they moved from synthpop to a more experimental form. Their final two albums, Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock, were highly acclaimed and remain influential to experimental alternative rock genres, especially post-rock.

Wiki

One step ahead of you...

So I presume 'It's My Life' and 'The Colour of Spring' are the albums to give a listen too?

Interesting to note that Colin Thurston an engineer who had worked with David Bowie played a key role in shaping their direction; as a big Bowie fan myself this is indeed promising!

One step ahead of you...

So I presume 'It's My Life' and 'The Colour of Spring' are the albums to give a listen too?

Interesting to note that Colin Thurston an enginner who had worked with David Bowie played a key role in shaping their direction; as a big Bowie fan myself this is indeed promising!

Yes, check out those two.

Interesting that their last two albums might be the one's which are held in the highest regard, it's usually the other way around with band's or at least they hit a pinnacle in the middle somewhere!

So I should add 'Spirit of Eden' and 'Laughing Stock' to the listening list also then...cheers!

Interesting that their last two albums might be the one's which are held in the highest regard, it's usually the other way around with band's or at least they hit a pinnacle in the middle somewhere!

So I should add 'Spirit of Eden' and 'Laughing Stock' to the listening list also then...cheers!

You're right. It was almost the Beatles model: hit singles for the teen market first, then "go serious".

bruce-springsteen-wrecking-ball-columbia.jpg

One for CED :D

This could be a bit biased as its hard for the Boss to dissapoint me (hell, I even liked W.O.A.D) but ive been listening to this all week in the car to and from work and thought it was brilliant. Have just sat down and listened to it with some headphones on the sofa and ive decided its truly something amazing. Its equal parts The Rising/Seeger Sessions/Born in the USA. Then there are nods to Johnny Cash and Thunder Road littered in there as well as a brilliant solo effort from the Big Man on Land of Hope and Dreams.

Even the weaker tracks on the album are great. Cant believe the man is 62 and still making some of the best music around.

You can criticise him for singing for the common man while raking the millions in but that would be missing the point of why he does what he does and where he has come from.

Gonna take one hell of an album to stop this being my favourite this year.

:notworthy:

LOVE IT!!!! Fantastic album. I cannot stop listening to it.

Â