What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

homepage_large.4a7930ca.jpg

Actually purchased this from the guy who compiled it (Mike McGonigal, editor of Yeti magazine), when I went to see him DJ. Some really wonderful tracks on it. You can hear the raw emotion in them. I'm Agnostic bordering on Atheist , but listening to this, it even gave a heathen like me a bit of Jesus in my weary soul.

The CD should have the follow up album 'Thinkin'' on it too.

Maybe not quite as strong as the first album, but it's still quite good and it's got the cool

on it.

:)

41ssn2Mvs1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Since you're doing a tour of the classics...

Search Amazon for AMSC cd

AMSC is the catalog prefix for Avid.

Avid are bootleggers, with standards. They squeeze 3-4 classic Jazz albums on 2 (unusually well mastered at this price level) CDs. They don't tend to choose the crap albums either, often all killer, no filler.

If you want to stick your toe in - The Coleman Hawkins one with 'Night Hawk' on it is pretty good.

:winkold:

Oh, I don't know how the sequined hot pants above turned into a girl with a camera.

Heard good things about that Coxon album

If you are to trust the NME, they have given the album a 9/10.

Though, I don't trust the NME and it must just be a "trendy" thing to like this album because it's never a 9/10. It's a 5/10 album. Some strange and weird tracks, but a lot of bollocks that just doesnt work.

Since you're doing a tour of the classics...

Search Amazon for AMSC cd

AMSC is the catalog prefix for Avid.

Avid are bootleggers, with standards. They squeeze 3-4 classic Jazz albums on 2 (unusually well mastered at this price level) CDs. They don't tend to choose the crap albums either, often all killer, no filler.

If you want to stick your toe in - The Coleman Hawkins one with 'Night Hawk' on it is pretty good.

Oh, I know about the Avid CDs. Several on my shopping list already (including the Hawkins one).

the-men-open-your-heart.jpg

Fanf***ingtastic!

Totally agreed!!!!!

Oscillation is a corking track!!!!!

Will again mention the new Dr John album 'Locked Down' - produced by Dan 'Black Keys' Auerbach and you can certainly tell - probably the most pumped album by Dr John, without losing any of his style or charisma!!!!!

Title track - Locked Down

Â