Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

He's told all staff they have to return to the office now or they can "pretend" to work elsewhere. 

Must be a great guy to work for. I'm guessing there are zero employees who will be running through brick walls for him. 

And coincidentally, has announced they need to cut headcount by 10%. Announcing a clampdown on WFH so people leave is a lot cheaper than laying them off.

Just now, Davkaus said:

And coincidentally, has announced they need to cut headcount by 10%. Announcing a clampdown on WFH so people leave is a lot cheaper than laying them off.

What a guy. 

Is there any more depressing place than a fruit machine arcade located next to the toilets in a motorway service station.

Telford Services, I'm looking at you. 

• Haha 2

I wonder about the best thing to do with adverts on that there Facebook, or rather, the 'sponsored' post that appear in your feed.

So, Facebook are arseholes so I want them to not get any money, or cost them money.

This means  that if I like the look of something, I won't click, but I'll type in the URL myself and have a gander; Google won't get a look in that way either.

But what if the advert's something **** awful like the one I've just had for the Reclaim party, or one for GB News? How do I make sure to extract maximum money from these grifters?

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Not quite the same point, but do people think the milk they drink comes from one cow?

I'd never stopped and thought about it, but it did kind of blow my mind when it was pointed out to me it's milk from a load cows all mixed up. 

I'm sure it has been discussed in the veggie/vegan thread, but drinking cows milk is bonkers when you stop and think about it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xela said:

6SL9Gx3.jpeg

Poor @StRoseCherry has a worse understanding of mammals than Reese from Malcolm in the Middle I see

aze5VKm_460s.jpg

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

How the hell do Aldi get away without being sued the bollocks off branding wise

M&S tried and failed.

Branding isn't an easy thing to win in court

The company I work for has a very strong recognisable brand image in Liverpool

There is a Taxi Company based in Burnley who have taken everything and I mean everything from that, Name of company, font, colour scheme the lot and used it for themselves. It's that much of a pain in the arse that we regularly get complaints about their service because people assume we are essentially the same company, they think we are the parent company. Do we have grounds to take them to court? not treally is the advice we've recieved.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

M&S tried and failed.

Branding isn't an easy thing to win in court

The company I work for has a very strong recognisable brand image in Liverpool

There is a Taxi Company based in Burnley who have taken everything and I mean everything from that, Name of company, font, colour scheme the lot and used it for themselves. It's that much of a pain in the arse that we regularly get complaints about their service because people assume we are essentially the same company, they think we are the parent company. Do we have grounds to take them to court? not treally is the advice we've recieved.

Nuts, Professor Peppy / Dr Pepper is the most blatant 

BBC website says light fluffy clouds and 2% chance of rain.

Met Office weather says light fluffy clouds and less than 5% chance of rain 

It's overcast and raining. How did this huge expanse of grey rainclouds sneak through unnoticed? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

BBC website says light fluffy clouds and 2% chance of rain.

Met Office weather says light fluffy clouds and less than 5% chance of rain 

It's overcast and raining. How did this huge expanse of grey rainclouds sneak through unnoticed? 

Do you know how percentages work?

Just now, limpid said:

Do you know how percentages work?

Yes I know, but there is a difference between a tinsy bit of rain sneaking into the otherwise dry day full of fluffy clouds, and a huge expanse of rain laden grey cloud. 

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes I know, but there is a difference between a tinsy bit of rain sneaking into the otherwise dry day full of fluffy clouds, and a huge expanse of rain laden grey cloud. 

I like the bit where for some reason they give a resume of what the weather has been, and what the weather currently is. 

But it’s wrong. Every time that happens, I think wow, all that money on satellites and software but not a window in the building.

• Like 2

Â