Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Does the term ‘tea’ meaning evening meal as used in the north originate from cricket?

If its got gravy on it its dinner, if not its tea

Gravy with battered fish is obviously not an official meal and an obvious sign of psychosis

PS - Tea comes from afternoon tea which is a light meal of sandwiches and or cakes taken between luncheon and evening meal - cricketers break for tea in the afternoon because they are stopping the game to have afternoon tea, the meal names the break in play not the other way around

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What was the universal measure of greatness before the invention of sliced bread? 

The round wheel which replaced the original inefficient square one.  "the greatest invention since the round wheel" 

They never used to tyre of saying this till pre sliced bread appeared. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The round wheel which replaced the original inefficient square one.  "the greatest invention since the round wheel" 

Bloody new fangled rubbish. I'm sticking with my good old fashioned tried-and-tested original. 

FB_IMG_1654242188606.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

That's a lovely avatar that he's got.

Yeah, that’s a pretty grim account actually.

I hadn’t done any sort of reading down his timeline, I just saw it pop up, it had chippy tea in it and I posted.

Grimly fascinating view of life on the other side of the fence.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, that’s a pretty grim account actually.

I hadn’t done any sort of reading down his timeline, I just saw it pop up, it had chippy tea in it and I posted.

Grimly fascinating view of life on the other side of the fence.

prime example of why twitter needs binning off, completely uncontrolled hatred and racism 

and musk was talking of relaxing it? clown

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

If it weren't for Musk's billions, he'd be an incel, shitposting and stoking hatred from his parents' house

Exactly. He has the kind of smug, "used to be a senior prefect at school" face that I could cheerfully slap with a big fish.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

prime example of why twitter needs binning off, completely uncontrolled hatred and racism 

and musk was talking of relaxing it? clown

I mean 'Führer 88' isn't really some kind of subtle message is it? I've reported the twunt anyway.

EDIT: Oh, and would encourage everyone else on twitter to do the same.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Exactly. He has the kind of smug, "used to be a senior prefect at school" face that I could cheerfully slap with a big fish.

He's told all staff they have to return to the office now or they can "pretend" to work elsewhere. 

Must be a great guy to work for. I'm guessing there are zero employees who will be running through brick walls for him. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's told all staff they have to return to the office now of the can "pretend" to work elsewhere. 

Must be a great guy to work for. I'm guessing there are zero employees who will be running through brick walls for him. 

I think the name Elon Musk should be used as a swear word filter alternative on VT....perhaps replacing "clearing in the woods" ?

• Like 1

Â