Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My favourite VT thread EVER. Even better than Strong City or The Honeytrap. 

I thought it was shit :lol:  

(I have no idea why I just had to express my opinion on this). 

On 09/04/2019 at 15:15, villarule123 said:

Why do people text in a song for a Radio station to play when they could just YouTube it and play it instantly themselves? 

Because they want the shout-out or the dedication?

6 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I often wonder whether society would be better or worse if social networks no longer existed. 

Would love to see FB, Twitter and Instagram taken down for a week or two and see how people cope. Would be an interesting experiment. 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Would love to see FB, Twitter and Instagram taken down for a week or two and see how people cope. Would be an interesting experiment. 

FB - really wouldn't be arsed

Twittter - less to do at work

Instawhat?

Take VT down and I'd be at a complete loss

VT and Reddit are my SM of choice, I'd survive without Reddit... just

3 hours ago, bickster said:

FB - really wouldn't be arsed

Twittter - less to do at work

Instawhat?

Take VT down and I'd be at a complete loss

VT and Reddit are my SM of choice, I'd survive without Reddit... just

See, I never class forums and places like Reddit as social media (although they are) as most people are anonymous who post. Its the narcissistic side of FB, Insta etc that I hate. The modern day version of 'Keeping up with the Joneses', where people feel the need to show off to friends and acquaintances about how brilliant and exciting their life is, even though its about as real as The Truman Show. 

No doubt social media can do a lot of good but it can also be extremely poisonous. 

• Like 1

Surely you severely limit the people you connect with on FB or you admit you're part of the problem and put up with it.

Nobody really has 14,000 friends so if you have extended your network beyond your genuine friends then they're always going to annoy you.

Set up an account in a false name, don't respond to shite looking for responses.

I'm clearly missing something about FB because I really don't see the problem, it's always perceived so negatively. But don't you have to actively choose to engage with the cretins and attention seekers?

Same with twitter, I love my little corner of twitter. Just a small bunch of fairly like minded people. if someone comes along that doesn't enhance my life, I just block 'em out. Same on here actually, if someone really is a wrong 'un, I've just blocked them so I don't get the stress. As it happens, on here, it's actually quite rare.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

When you English use the word half. You aren't half stupid. Etc. confuses the beejesus out of me 

Am I the half that's half of half or am I the half that's whole

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

When you English use the word half. You aren't half stupid. Etc. confuses the beejesus out of me 

This sprung to mind, though not quite the same thing...

'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as much as you deserve'

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Why do Americans who live in tornado zones keep building houses out of wood? 

All they need to do is look at the Three Little Pigs nursery rhyme and their house blowing down problems will be over. 

• Thanks 1

I assume it's easier to rebuild.  **** knows why they live there in the first place though.

It's the only way to avoid living in earthquake or hurricane zones.

Edited by il_serpente
quoted wrong reply

On 14/04/2019 at 22:21, mjmooney said:

Why do Americans who live in tornado zones keep building houses out of wood? 

If only there was a handy children's story to demonstrate it all.

• 2 weeks later...
Â