Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Ingram! Welcome back mate.

He was waiting for the opportunity to mention T-Bone before he came back from exile!

2 hours ago, bickster said:

The flavour is in the fat, hence why when buying a steak you look at the "marbling"

Which is where the rib eye comes into its own

Gaucho is a decent steak restaurant. Only been to one in London, yet to try the Brum one

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Which is where the rib eye comes into its own

Gaucho is a decent steak restaurant. Only been to one in London, yet to try the Brum one

Rib Eye is great if you can choose your own but some can be too fatty imo so I rarely choose it when I'm out

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Do we all see the same colours?

I've posted this in the thread before.

What i know as Red might look totally different from what you see as Red. But it's always been called "red"... so how would we know?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've posted this in the thread before.

What i know as Red might look totally different from what you see as Red. But it's always been called "red"... so how would we know?

Because frequency (or wavelength if you wish). It's a science fact. So for example, around 670 nanometers wavelength is Red and around 470 nm is blue etc. So what everyone knows as red is the same part of the visible light spectrum.

The second part, as to how you process that light and the effect that has one your visual cortex, compared to the next person's  - I guess science again. Eyeses and brainses are just like car parts really.

or in summary Yes we all see them the same because Frequency and meat robots.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Because frequency (or wavelength if you wish). It's a science fact. So for example, around 670 nanometers wavelength is Red and around 470 nm is blue etc. So what everyone knows as red is the same part of the visible light spectrum.

The second part, as to how you process that light and the effect that has one your visual cortex, compared to the next person's  - I guess science again. Eyeses and brainses are just like car parts really.

**** science

Brexit means brexit and I'll believe in different colours if I want to.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

You are bang on about the light spectrum.

Obviously colour blind people see different colours even though we are looking at the same thing so some variation does happen in the meat robots. I am no biologist but I believe it's down to the red/green/blue receptors or cones (My mate sees green as orange/red as brown in certain lights).

I suppose the question really is, do we all process the information we receive in the same way ?

I'm currently halfway through having my catracts fixed - one eye done, one to go. My dodgy left eye is blurry over distances, but can read small print without reading glasses. And it sees some colours (especially green) very highly saturated. My new right eye lens is calibrated for distance, sees greens as much paler than the left eye, but has more saturated blues. 

3 hours ago, blandy said:

You're right for people whose eyes work properly.  But colour-blindness can mean someone doesn't see what I see.  Although that's not the same as what I think Stevo was wondering which is if I looked through someone else's eyes could I potentially see what I would regard as the colour blue where my own eyes would see red.

For those interested, this video explains the whys of colour-blindness and colour very well.

• Like 1

Â