Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Not often, but I did wonder last night.

I have owned my bedside alarm clock since I was about 8.   I wonder if I've seen every minute of the day displayed on that clock at least once over that time, or is there still a minute that I've yet to witness.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Just a slab of tough gristle.  Any other cut is significantly superior.

Rump has a stronger flavour than other cuts like sirloin etc.  People like sirloin because it's less tough, but they miss out on the stronger tasting meat. 

It's your trade off really. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Not often, but I did wonder last night.

I have owned my bedside alarm clock since I was about 8.   I wonder if I've seen every minute of the day displayed on that clock at least once over that time, or is there still a minute that I've yet to witness.

I love this; I love that you use the alarm clock you've had since you were 8 and I love the fact you seem to have the same inane thoughts I have. :lol:

Is it a 24 hr digital display or a 12hr clock?

I reckon if it's 12 hour you've definitely seen every minute. 24hr, I'm not so sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I love this; I love that you use the alarm clock you've had since you were 8 and I love the fact you seem to have the same inane thoughts I have. :lol:

Is it a 24 hr digital display or a 12hr clock?

I reckon if it's 12 hour you've definitely seen every minute. 24hr, I'm not so sure. 

It's an old Bush (fnarr fnarr), red digits, 12 hour (with a red dot on the left that can be either top or bottom)

So yes while I reckon I've seen every minute, have I seen every minute with the dot at the top AND at the bottom?  It annoys me that I can't know the answer, or which minute I might be missing.

I found it !
YWFjZjg0MGVjY2Y4OWYzODA3NjFlNTM2MTgwN2Zl

BTFW I strongly resent the fact that "old" in a google search didn't find it, but "vintage" did :rant:

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's an old Bush (fnarr fnarr), red digits, 12 hour (with a red dot on the left that can be either top or bottom)

So yes while I reckon I've seen every minute, have I seen every minute with the dot at the top AND at the bottom?  It annoys me that I can't know the answer, or which minute I might be missing.

I found it !
YWFjZjg0MGVjY2Y4OWYzODA3NjFlNTM2MTgwN2Zl

BTFW I strongly resent the fact that "old" in a google search didn't find it, but "vintage" did :rant:

You typed old Bush into Google 😳

• Like 1

Just now, KHV said:

You typed old Bush into Google 😳

During working hours.  Thankfully "alarm clock" cleaned up the results :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Rump has a stronger flavour than other cuts like sirloin etc.  People like sirloin because it's less tough, but they miss out on the stronger tasting meat. 

Fillet is the only one I'll normally consider ordering. Rib eye second, if fillet isn't available. Don't bother with anything else. 

Tune is for more episodes of Xela's favourite cuts of meat. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

The flavour is in the fat, hence why when buying a steak you look at the "marbling"

Â