mjmooney

7 hours ago, turvontour said:

Is bread bad for ducks?

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Apparantly so, yes. 

Well the daft bastards should stop stuffing their bills with it then! :D

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Well the daft bastards should stop stuffing their bills with it then! :D

Its normally the case that, if it's bad for you, it normally tastes or feels good. Where's that heroin gone.....

• Like 1

There's a bit in one of Bill Bryson's books where he jokes about Lord Mayor's and their wives taking a ceremonial piss in the stairwells of new multi-storey car parks when they open them. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

When you go onto a website and there is an option such as "speak to an advisor" why do they always use the ugliest, scruffiest **** in the office to display on the image?

cause all the fit ones are busy working in the pop up areas on adult websites ?

Edited by tonyh29
might not have been found funny , so removed the image
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

How much longer Müller are going to continue with their advertising campaign where the “punchline” of every advert is that Nicole Scherzinger gets some yoghurt on her nose in an accidental yet endearing way.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

How much longer Müller are going to continue with their advertising campaign where the “punchline” of every advert is that Nicole Scherzinger gets some yoghurt on her nose in an accidental yet endearing way.

I'd put my yogurt on her nose!

latest?cb=20110816124033

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 13/06/2018 at 14:18, rodders0223 said:

When you go onto a website and there is an option such as "speak to an advisor" why do they always use the ugliest, scruffiest **** in the office to display on the image?

Because it discourages people to use it, put a fit male or female on there and they'd be flooded with pervs and get no actual work done.

Yes people are that stupid to think. that's the picture of the person they are talking to

20 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

These are so infuriating. Along with 'bold with food', 'when guys shave' and various other travesties that mean I have to mute the TV during ad breaks. 

What would actually happen the morning after, if England were to win the world cup, in terms of people going to work? It would be the Monday morning after winning it the Sunday evening.

The media reported a rise in people off sick or coming in late the day after we beat Tunisia.

I suppose it would come down to the attitude of the individual business.

On 23/06/2018 at 11:53, HanoiVillan said:

These are so infuriating. Along with 'bold with food', 'when guys shave' and various other travesties that mean I have to mute the TV during ad breaks. 

I remember Ad Breaks, I don't miss them. Though when I did get Ad Breaks I paid no attention to them. I seem to have the ability to switch my brain off during anything being sold at me

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, bickster said:

I remember Ad Breaks, I don't miss them. Though when I did get Ad Breaks I paid no attention to them. I seem to have the ability to switch my brain off during anything being sold at me

They irritate me. There are a few - a very few - which are clever and amusing. But only the first time of viewing. After endless repetition they make me want to scream. 

And, as you say, they don't even work - in that I can often remember the ad, but not what it was advertising. Like, there used to be one with a car driving through a burning cornfield. No idea what car it was advertising. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

They irritate me. There are a few - a very few - which are clever and amusing. But only the first time of viewing. After endless repetition they make me want to scream. 

And, as you say, they don't even work - in that I can often remember the ad, but not what it was advertising. Like, there used to be one with a car driving through a burning cornfield. No idea what car it was advertising. 

I don't want to sound like a baby boomer, but the quality of adverts on the TV has surely declined massively in the last decade or so?

You never seem to get many, if any, good adverts these days. Just the purely functional ones 

I feel like if They did one of those "100 best advert" shows again there wouldn't be many entries from the past 10-15 years

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't want to sound like a baby boomer, but the quality of adverts on the TV has surely declined massively in the last decade or so?

You never seem to get many, if any, good adverts these days. Just the purely functional ones 

I feel like if They did one of those "100 best advert" shows again there wouldn't be many entries from the past 10-15 years

I would agree with this. They've certainly become tamer than they used to be. 

Â