Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

If you're in a Grocery Store and you take something out of someones Cart (before they've paid for it) and put it your own, does that count as stealing.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, useless said:

If your in a Grocery Store and you take something out of someones Cart (before they've paid for it) and put it your own, does that count as stealing.

touch anything but dont ever touch my cheesecake desserts.

• Like 3

If you're in a Grocery Store and you take something out of someones Cart (before they've paid for it) and put it your own, does that count as stealing.

Ha this! Sometimes when I leave my trolley to go to another aisle I worry about my shopping being unattended and being nicked, then it occurs to me that I don't I own it yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2015 at 14:35, Shropshire Lad said:

How Charlie Bucket's other grandfather feels knowing that he's, at best, a very distant second in Charlie's affection to Grandpa Joe.

The little sod didn't even pretend out of politeness that it was a difficult decision who he wanted to take to the chocolate factory.

Grandpa Joe used to work for Willy Wonka before being unjustly fired, so I find it somewhat hard to understand his enthusiasm as well. Joe would have had a very strong case at an employment tribunal. 

• Like 1

On 30/12/2015 at 14:35, Shropshire Lad said:

How Charlie Bucket's other grandfather feels knowing that he's, at best, a very distant second in Charlie's affection to Grandpa Joe.

The little sod didn't even pretend out of politeness that it was a difficult decision who he wanted to take to the chocolate factory.

Didn't Joe work for Wonka and that's why he was a given?  As for being fit enough to go.  That's another discussion altogether :)

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

Didn't Joe work for Wonka and that's why he was a given?  As for being fit enough to go.  That's another discussion altogether :)

Yeah but in that case, surely Grandpa Joe already knew what the chocolate factory was like and would have no need to see it again, while poor old Grandpa Noname doesn't even get a look in as well being ignored by his grandson. 

Perhaps Grandpa Noname worked at the chocolate factory as well, I don't know. But Charlie clearly didn't give a shit either way.

11 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yeah but in that case, surely Grandpa Joe already knew what the chocolate factory was like and would have no need to see it again, while poor old Grandpa Noname doesn't even get a look in as well being ignored by his grandson. 

Perhaps Grandpa Noname worked at the chocolate factory as well, I don't know. But Charlie clearly didn't give a shit either way.

Nah, Grandpa Joe worked in a shop, the 'Downstream' side of the business (and so had never seen the factory), in which workers were collectively punished for an incident of industrial espionage, as opposed to the 'Upstream' factory side, seemingly exclusively populated by ethnically-ambiguous midgets captured and taken into slavery during a very unethical anthropology field-trip. 

Some people mistake Charlie & The Chocolate Factory for a children's story about a place of wonder; in fact, it's a cautionary tale of the depravities bosses will inflict on their workers if those workers are insufficiently protected by labour law :-)

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

What would I do if everybody in the world just disappeared overnight.

I think you'd have the time of your life driving from deserted town to abandoned city via hauntingly empty countryside, playing the medium wave radio static really really loud.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Â