Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I quite often get something similar walking home where I only just get to the bog in time, having not needed a shit when I've left wherever I've come from.  It happened last week on the way back from the off licence, I didn't have to time to shut the back door or the bathroom door which are very close together, so my neighbours could probably hear my thunderous shit pounding the toilet bowl.  Felt good though.

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I also have an amazing long term memory and terrible short term one. I've also read it makes me more susceptible to Alzheimer's :(

Well iam screwed then,iam shit scared of getting alzheimer's and i eat coconut oil evryday to fight off dementia.

11 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Well iam screwed then,iam shit scared of getting alzheimer's and i eat coconut oil evryday to fight off dementia.

Anyone else hear quacking? :) If there is even a slight possibility that coconut oil might help offset Alzheimers, you would be better watching your sugar levels than trying a magic bullet claimed to do the same. There's no evidence that this would help either, it's probable that the glucose related issues are a symptom rather than cause.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Anyone else hear quacking? :) If there is even a slight possibility that coconut oil might help offset Alzheimers, you would be better watching your sugar levels than trying a magic bullet claimed to do the same. There's no evidence that this would help either, it's probable that the glucose related issues are a symptom rather than cause.

There was a guy on here who's realtive got alzheimers, and he improved dramatically after starting to eat coconutoil.

Anecdotal evidence is exactly concrete though.

Interesting if they manage to prove anything though.

Interesting Snopes article about it.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/coconutoil.asp

But is there any solid proof that coconut oil is an effective treatment for Alzheimer's? On his MedFriendlyweb site, neuropsychologist  Dr. Dominic  Carone uses the claim that Alzheimer's disease can be effectively treated or reversed with coconut oil as the basis for a  case study  on how to evaluate suspicious medical treatment claims. He proposes the application of five criteria to the analysis of such claims:

1. Search the peer-reviewed medical literature.
  2. Evaluate the quality of peer-reviewed medical literature.
  3. Research who is promoting the treatment.
  4. Be skeptical of suspicious claims.
  5. Research what respectable organizations devoted to the condition say about the treatment.

The coconut oil as a treatment for Alzheimer's disease claim fails the first criterion (and renders the second moot) because there are no peer-reviewed articles addressing research on coconut oil as a treatment for Alzheimer's disease. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, limpid said:

There was a guy on here who believed that the story of Noah's Ark was real. There was a guy on here who though Barry Bannan was really good. Perhaps the relative would have got better anyway, or there was something else in their diet. Who knows? Placebos work like that.

I know people who think that homeopathy works despite the masses of evidence that show that it doesn't work any better than placebo. There's even less evidence for coconut oil and Alzheimers - none. No trials (yet) to even measure it. If scientists thought it was feasible they'd be all over that for the chance of a Nobel prize for medicine.

PS. I've heard from someone that donating to VillaTalk gives you superpowers. By your logic you are now required to believe that is true and as you've previously acted on similar stories, I'd be disappointed if you didn't follow through with this one.

*Donates life savings to VillaTalk*

• Like 3

I once donated money to VillaTalk and since then I have done sex numerous times.

Not saying there's a direct link, just putting it out there (as it were).

Similarly, I listened to some 'Passenger' CD yesterday that my kids insisted on. Today I feel like shit.

If that ain't science then I don't know what is.

• Like 2

Â