Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I loved the SAW franchise personally.

The sequels weren't much cop admittedly but I've seen them all a couple of times and I think they actually did quite a good job tieing the whole thing together with certain scenes in 6 and 7 explaining what was really going on in the first couple. There was some love for the material going on behind the scenes a bit more than a cynical cash grab (apart from the 3D one)

I personally love a good horror film because as a genre it evokes so many more emotions when the director gets it right, as it happens so rarely a good horror film is quite a treat (and I don't believe I am an unhinged individual!)

I didn't get that far to be fair.

I watched 2 and thought it was dreadful. Then got roped into seeing 3 as well and it wasn't much better.

I can't even remember if I saw number 4.

I'm the same though. I love a good horror film. But I think they're rare. It's a very easy genre to do badly.

I'm not dismissing the genre I just don't get it myself. I could have quite easily said I don't get why people watch films that hurt your feels.

Also I wasn't talking about the watcher being a bit unhinged. More so the people that write and come up with that stuff.

I find some films are a watch once and possibly never again. I'd put Fury into that as a recent example. Thought it was an amazing film but won't be rushing to watch it again for a while as I found it harrowing. 

Edited by sexbelowsound

Amazon's business model. 

I ordered a £50 gift card as part of my Dad's Xmas present. It was supposed to be delivered on Sunday (which is weird in itself). It didn't turn up but the tracking said "Left in Mail slot". I took that as to mean the couriers back pocket.

I've contacted Amazon and they're sending out a replacement, no questions asked. 

I guess as its a gift card they can cancel it or wait for whoever it is who has it to try and use it and then send round the Amazon militia.

" Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company."

:ph34r:

Edited by sexbelowsound

On 07/12/2015, 00:08:46, Stevo985 said:

Saw was good.

I see Saw as a bit up and down. plenty of highs, plenty of lows.

I saw Saw 2 eating a paw paw 'cus I was told it was a poor, poor film.

• Like 3

Does anyone else get a random 5 second surge of depression and despair mid poo?

Only happens if you've a dodgy prostate. Something to do with endorphins/serotonin. But you're probably fine. I'm no arsologist and I may have made it up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

any of you soul boys into charles bradley? his next album hes doing a cover of changes by black sabbath.

Just giving it a listen now. It's pretty good. I do like the Daptone stuff though, so no surprise it's good. There's an excellent documentary about him, called Soul of America. Check it out, if you get chance. 

2 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Just giving it a listen now. It's pretty good. I do like the Daptone stuff though, so no surprise it's good. There's an excellent documentary about him, called Soul of America. Check it out, if you get chance. 

im yet to listen to it but i definitely will.

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

im yet to listen to it but i definitely will.

Sorry Mods - It won't embed, or go in a link.

link

Edited by limpid
someone needs to read the "Site issues" forum
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

yeah man i like it. i think its quite an easy song to be crossed over to another genre and it works well. as for the original there are times i love it then times i wont listen to it. when my gran was ill i came back in drunk one night and put this on and we both was just hugging each other in tears so it always reminded me of her and still does. now and again when im alone i'll play it and have a little cry. anyway enough of the sob story :) yeah its a cool cover.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said: Does anyone else get a random 5 second surge of depression and despair mid poo?

having a shit is one of lifes pleasures, ya cant beat it.

As a whole I like it, it's just a 5 second period when the main body is squeezing out. It's odd.

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

As a whole I like it, it's just a 5 second period when the main body is squeezing out. It's odd.

as a whole i like it :crylaugh: yeah it does sound a bit odd. the only time i feel despair when having a shit is if my piles are playing up or im struggling to get the bugger out and its hurting me.

Â