Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone interested, here are some of the transfers Ancelotti made pre Milan. A lot are big money moves, but the majority were successful. I think Randy could trust him with his money. I'd list his Milan transfers but it'd take up half the page! Looking about I think Laursen was his first signing for them.

Parma:-

Crespo

Thuram

Chiesa

Ze Maria

Blomqvist

Fiore

Veron

Fuser

Juve:-

Van der Sar

Oliseh

Tudor

Zambrotta

Trezeguet

Then more major money moves such as :-

Thuram

Nedved

Salas

Buffon

Zenoni

The fact that Randy does not fly over here until Tuesday apparantly means that it could be Thursday or Friday until we hear any news folks so we will have to be patient a while longer I reckon.

The fact that Randy does not fly over here until Tuesday apparantly means that it could be Thursday or Friday until we hear any news folks so we will have to be patient a while longer I reckon.

Yep this thread could have a long way to run yet, it depends how much he has left to Falkener

For anyone interested, here are some of the transfers Ancelotti made pre Milan. A lot are big money moves, but the majority were successful. I think Randy could trust him with his money. I'd list his Milan transfers but it'd take up half the page! Looking about I think Laursen was his first signing for them.

Crespo

Thuram

Chiesa

Ze Maria

Blomqvist

Fiore

Veron

Fuser

Van der Sar

Oliseh

Tudor

Zambrotta

Trezeguet

Thuram

Nedved

Salas

Buffon

Zenoni

parma were amazing in this time i didnt realise he signed all those players they pretty much all went on for a huge fee after parma . just class players. that is all

Don't fancy Ancelotti. I don't have a clue who I would like, that would be gettable, so I wouldn't say no though. Seems to be like Capello, won loads elsewhere, but doesn't seem to be able to actually speak English and wouldn't work with players not up to the standard he's used to.

There is the scenario that he would be frustrated or disappointed with players who maybe considered sub standard or seen to be unprofessional (drinking culture stuff etc) but by all accounts he (Ancelotti) can get tough and doesn't suffer fools.

I would imagine he's gone through the state of the club's playing staff and will make a decision based on what he thinks is achievable, what funds Lerner has promised etc. As I said earlier, some managers will see the club as a blank piece paper to write the footballing culture as they may like to have it.

Interesting that The Times has reported Rjikaard has contacted the club about the vacancy....if true that is.

We've all read a fair bit in the papers about Ancelotti but I can't recall any of them saying if Wilkins is being considered too?

The fact that we haven't heard anything from either of them is surely a good thing.... for now!

I think more than 'expecting' Ancelotti to turn us into the new Milan, those more down to earth are just curious to see what he could do with us. What is there to lose? We've just had the most dreadful of seasons, saved at the death by a couple of last-gasp wins. Whatsmore, the 'names' in the managerial hat are a pretty average mix of ex-winners and reliable, if hardly outstanding, prem also rans.

People are worried that Ancelotti will struggle initially, unless he is backed to the hilt. But what guarantees do we have that Hughes, Jol or the FSW are'nt going to send us plunging to new depths?

I'd just like to see us have a shot at being managed by someone who's done it all at the top. And if he buggers off after two years to pastures new, there might just be a legacy that rewrites our clubs future.

Crespo

Thuram

Chiesa

Ze Maria

Blomqvist

Fiore

Veron

Fuser

Van der Sar

Oliseh

Tudor

Zambrotta

Trezeguet

Thuram

Nedved

Salas

Buffon

Zenoni

He never signed them last 5 players for Juventus, Lippi and Moggi did. Also he didnt sign Laursen for Milan

He never signed them last 5 players for Juventus, Lippi and Moggi did. Also he didnt sign Laursen for Milan

Just checked and you're right about the last five, from what I was looking at it was showing they signed in the season Ancelotti was there.

He signed Laursen though, he was originally on loan from Verona but Ancelotti decided to make it permanently in the January. He joined Milan two months before.

Just checked and you're right about the last five, from what I was looking at it was showing they signed in the season Ancelotti was there.

He signed Laursen though, he was originally on loan from Verona but Ancelotti decided to make it permanently in the January. He joined Milan two months before.

Only remember that as that 2001/02 Juventus Championship Manager team were awesome ;)

The only thing that does worry me with Ancelotti, is that what if he signs some big names on high wages, long contracts etc...And we dont become successful? Could it be a similar situation we had with MON yet only worse?

Ancelotti wont bat an eye lid(excuse the pun) at players that are on 100k a week.. Now if these players dont turn out to be that great(I mean look at Aqualani with Benitez) we could end up losing alot of money.

The only thing that does worry me with Ancelotti, is that what if he signs some big names on high wages, long contracts etc...And we dont become successful? Could it be a similar situation we had with MON yet only worse?

Ancelotti wont bat an eye lid(excuse the pun) at players that are on 100k a week.. Now if these players dont turn out to be that great(I mean look at Aqualani with Benitez) we could end up losing alot of money.

If they are big names and don't work we merely sell them on to get them off the wage books.

It is up to Lerner to set the parameters of contracts and wages etc. If he fails to do that and allows another MON situation then he would be rather foolish.

If they are big names and don't work we merely sell them on to get them off the wage books.

It tends not to be that easy.