Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

It does make me laugh how one paper source states that someone is favourite for the Villa job, or someone has insisted that he is interested in the vacant position; then suddenly the odds decrease. Rijkaard is now 9/1. I know that is how betting works and speculation means that bookmakers have to protect themselves. It is just quite funny how many times over the past 4-5 days the favourite has changed almost every few hours. It is anyones guess really.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone wrote that they heard that lerner should be flying in tuesday. this would make sense as ashley young has said he will now talk to randy about the future before his holiday and one of the newspapers said that randy will confirm ancelotti on friday while he is here. to go with that mat kendrick said on twitter avfc hope to announce end of week or begginnig of next week. interesting.fingers crossed

someone wrote that they heard that lerner should be flying in tuesday. this would make sense as ashley young has said he will now talk to randy about the future before his holiday and one of the newspapers said that randy will confirm ancelotti on friday while he is here. to go with that mat kendrick said on twitter avfc hope to announce end of week or begginnig of next week. interesting.fingers crossed

I hope we do get Ancelotti and I hope he persuades Young and Downing to stay.

It would be good if Lerner managed to get Ancellotti to join Villa before speaking to Young. That way Ancellotti could speak with Young and Downing and comvince them to stay. He can give Young his raised eyebrow look :-)

We have been linked with some bloody good managers: Benitez, Moyes, Jol.

We've also been linked with some potentially bloody good managers: Hughes, Rijkaard, McClaren, Deschamps.

But there's only one man who would unite every single one of this fanbase and make us all believe that once again, Aston Villa Football Club can retain its place in English football's elite group of clubs.

We should do everything, absolutely everything, to get him to Villa Park.

Young is all but gone he wont stop. Downing has 2 years left on his contract and if the new manager is who we hope he is then i see no reason why he cant get him to sign a new contract with the promise of an new era at the club. That said i still think Downing is a complete and utter spunk bubble for his attitude this last 10 days.

We've also been linked with some potentially bloody good managers: Hughes, Rijkaard, McClaren, Deschamps.

But there's only one man who would unite every single one of this fanbase and make us all believe that once again, Aston Villa Football Club can retain its place in English football's elite group of clubs.

welcome, steve mcclaren. Uniting the fanbase in hatred.

Ethan Moore?

Step up Phil Brown.

Young is all but gone he wont stop.

If Man U are in for him, yeah.

I think we could convince him to sign a 1 year extension if it was liverpool or spurs, maybe even man city if we play on the "you won't get to play" aspect there.

But of course that all depends on Ancelotti and signing some decent players. We'd have to sit down with him and say "look, wait it out a bit and see what business we do early in the window, and then decide if you want to stay here and be part of something special".

It's going to take some big spending to convince him to stay, but I think it's certainly possible, UNLESS man u do come in big for him.

Ive heard so many of my mates this week saying it is going to be Carlo and 1 of them works at the Club. Me i have taken it all with a pinch of salt until i heard something yesterday and now i think it is nailed on for the end of this week. :flag:

I really don't know how may times I have to say this. Benitez since he split from Pako Ayestrian is so far removed from being a good manager it's untrue. Benitez is a busted flush, he's been found lacking and the reason is he thinks he knows best when in fact Pako knew best. Pako was the tactical "genius", Pako was the piece of the team that the players went to, he got on with them and understood them (the John Robertson to MON if you like), Pako made that partnership work. Ever since they fell out... Benitez managerial form has nosedived.

I also can't see how Randy Lerner would ever consider employing someone who had such an enormous public falling out with a previous owner. (Even if said previous owner was a complete tool).

If we employ Benitez (unless he brings along Pako - doubtful as he refused to go back to Liverpool with him later on) then we've made a grave error in my opinion.

Slightly OT well actually quite OT but My uncle met a fella down the local last night who said his missus was a solicitor for Chelski and that Arry was on his way to Chelsea late next week, and proceeded to show him a £500 bet @ 7/1. Which could mean Hughes obviously not going there or on his way to Spurs but could also scupper our bid for Carlo if Spurs came in for him. Obviously lots of things have to happen for such a domino effect!

Whilst I accept, and agree, with a lot of what you say - there can be no doubting the major trophies he has won throughout his managerial career.

His apparent dip in form, the reasons for which you speculate on, is a matter of opinion. The facts are he is still up there with the "good" managers in the game because of the silverware he has won, you cannot dispute that.

Despite saying that, I'm going to stop defending him now as it might sound like I want him at the Club, which I don't.