Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

- don't forget when you sack somebody you have to pay up the full terms of the contract

Don't forget the earth orbits the moon.

not sure if your joking, but it doesn't.

Whoosh.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not disputing those purchases, but manager or not when have Villa ever bought a player of those levels. I mean yes Ancelotti had the foresight to buy them, but it's not always down to the manager. Let's say we get Ancelotti and he goes to Lerner "Give me £40-£50 million, I want to buy Lionel Messi".. Lerner might say yes as Messi is the greatest player in the world and arguably the greatest player of all time, but not even Ancelotti is going to make Villa Park an attractive prospect to Messi.. So yes Ancelotti buys great players but it also helps that he was at AC Milan at the time.

Im really not fond of Ancelotti being manager. He has never built a team and he could struggle because of this.

:eek: :shock: :?

From what I can see players of note that he bought include Rivaldo, Tomasson, Nesta, Seedorf, Kaka, Stam, Crespo, Jankulovski, Cafu, Ronaldo, Oddo, Pato, Zambrotta, Flamini, Ronaldinho, Beckham.

for all them great players he signed he won 1 league title and 2 Champions League in 8 years at Milan. Not that great a record

Not disputing those purchases, but manager or not when have Villa ever bought a player of those levels. I mean yes Ancelotti had the foresight to buy them, but it's not always down to the manager. Let's say we get Ancelotti and he goes to Lerner "Give me £40-£50 million, I want to buy Lionel Messi".. Lerner might say yes as Messi is the greatest player in the world and arguably the greatest player of all time, but not even Ancelotti is going to make Villa Park an attractive prospect to Messi.. So yes Ancelotti buys great players but it also helps that he was at AC Milan at the time.

He also didnt really sign them players as Berlusconi did a lot of signing and selling at Milan

The argument was that he had never built a team, all of those signings were at Milan and I left out Thiago Silva btw. So he clearly has built a team. Obviously he would have no where near the same draw at Villa that he had at AC or Chelsea that is a given, but I'm sure he would be able to persuade players that would be slightly out of our reach currently to join us just because of who he is.

Im really not fond of Ancelotti being manager. He has never built a team and he could struggle because of this.

From what I can see players of note that he bought include Rivaldo, Tomasson, Nesta, Seedorf, Kaka, Stam, Crespo, Jankulovski, Cafu, Ronaldo, Oddo, Pato, Zambrotta, Flamini, Ronaldinho, Beckham.

for all them great players he signed he won 1 league title and 2 Champions League in 8 years at Milan. Not that great a record

I'd settle for that down the Villa.

Carlo would be the most decorated manager Villa have had in the modern era. There is no way we shouldn't be jumping at the chance if it came up.

If someone had told you 12months ago that we might be signing him people would call you crazy, and rightly so.

All great players but they joined him at milan or chelsea... would players of that ilk come to villa even with him there? One or two if were lucky. He will have a tough job convincing young to stay let alone sign those plaayers. Would be worth it to see how good a manager ge really is. Wonder if he sees this as a challenge or a burden.

200 pages and we're no closer to finding out who the manager is.

Brilliant 8)

We seem further away. At least before we thought it was gonna be Hughes, now it's like who the **** is it gonna be?

Oh well, :birthday: 200 pages.

Carlo would be the most decorated manager Villa have had in the modern era. There is no way we shouldn't be jumping at the chance if it came up.

If someone had told you 12months ago that we might be signing him people would call you crazy, and rightly so.

Everyone outside Villa thinks it is crazy thinking he would come to the Villa, but i say sod them, Carlo we welcome you

I think we could get some interesteing players because of him though. Players like Bosingwa, Zhirkov and Ferreira who wouldn't have looked at Villa might be more than gettable and it's these kind of players that we've always failed to attract and are generally much better value for money than the Warnocks of this world.

He also didnt really sign them players as Berlusconi did a lot of signing and selling at Milan

A bit like how Faulkner bought Bent eh? :winkold:

There are reasonable arguments as to why Ancelotti could struggle at the club, all cited before.

However, all doubts pretty much pale into insignificance when you consider the immediate feeling of ambition that he will bring with him. It's a bit like refusing to buy a Ferrari because the boot space isnt ample enough.

There are reasonably arguments as to why Ancelotti could struggle at the club, all cited before.

However, all doubts pretty much pale into insignificance when you consider the immediate feeling of ambition that he will bring with him. It's a bit like refusing to buy a Ferrari because the boot space isnt ample enough.

True. However the limited space of the boot becomes more of an issue if your say a plumber than if your a investment banker. :D

He picked up a Milan side with Maldini out for the bulk of the season who were in the bottom half of the table, steadied the ship and guided them to 4th. In his first full season he won the Champions League. Let's remember he should have won another one bar 8 minutes of madness in Turkey. With regard the League, Juventus were spending mad in those days buying the like of Cannavaro, Buffon, Thuram, Nedved, Vieira had A.D.P etc a real great side, plus there was the fact that Capello had built a strong Roma side. Serie A is a shadow of what it was like back then now. And when the big scandal got out the club never really recovered from it, which made Inter the dominant force! He comes to Chelsea wins the double. Cruising to his 2nd League title when his assistant is fired behind his back. He has to deal with player unrest etc

A bit like how Faulkner bought Bent eh? :winkold:

Let's get this Berlesconi chap in as well then. He'd be happy, have you seen some of the women serving the pies at VP these days, they probably wouldn't even sue.