Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancelotti would be a massive gamble I reckon, but the bigger the gamble the higher the reward could be or equally higher the risk...

I see him being a real success or a massive failure & I don't see Randy being the gambling type.

Im really not fond of Ancelotti being manager. He has never built a team and he could struggle because of this.

:eek: :shock: :?

Not sure if you are agreeing with me or not

Ancelotti would be a massive gamble I reckon, but the bigger the gamble the higher the reward could be or equally higher the risk...

I see him being a real success or a massive failure & I don't see Randy being the gambling type.

Its a massive gamble in a win/win situation with guaranteed massive returns ;).

If he comes there must be great things planned for the Villa as it will take a lot of assurances to get someone like Ancelotti to the Villa.

When he arrives I'll be crying from my cock :lol:

Im really not fond of Ancelotti being manager. He has never built a team and he could struggle because of this.

From what I can see players of note that he bought include Rivaldo, Tomasson, Nesta, Seedorf, Kaka, Stam, Crespo, Jankulovski, Cafu, Ronaldo, Oddo, Pato, Zambrotta, Flamini, Ronaldinho, Beckham.

From what I can see players of note that he bought include Rivaldo, Tomasson, Nesta, Seedorf, Kaka, Stam, Crespo, Jankulovski, Cafu, Ronaldo, Oddo, Pato, Zambrotta, Flamini, Ronaldinho, Beckham.

Blmiey, some really awful players there..NOT

We have been linked with some bloody good managers: Benitez, Moyes, Jol.

We've also been linked with some potentially bloody good managers: Hughes, Rijkaard, McClaren, Deschamps.

But there's only one man who would unite every single one of this fanbase and make us all believe that once again, Aston Villa Football Club can retain its place in English football's elite group of clubs.

We should do everything, absolutely everything, to get him to Villa Park.

Kevin Keegan :thumb:

Ancelotti would be great for this club.

Maybe he could bring an out ib the cold Kaka with him... ;)

Seriously, he might attract a few really good players if he comes to us. If we can't keep Walker, for example, he might be able to get Bosingwa. But that's for a whole other thread.

I voted Ancelotti and hope we can get him. We'll see. Even if he's gamble, he'd be a very good appointment for so many reasons. Statement to the players we have, to the the players we want to bring in, and it would probably make the world of football sit up and take notice. It would probably make Villa easier to advertice.

Blmiey, some really awful players there..NOT

Anyone who purchased Alessandro Nesta should be rewarded with a job.

We have been linked with some bloody good managers: Benitez, Moyes, Jol.

I really don't know how may times I have to say this. Benitez since he split from Pako Ayestrian is so far removed from being a good manager it's untrue. Benitez is a busted flush, he's been found lacking and the reason is he thinks he knows best when in fact Pako knew best. Pako was the tactical "genius", Pako was the piece of the team that the players went to, he got on with them and understood them (the John Robertson to MON if you like), Pako made that partnership work. Ever since they fell out... Benitez managerial form has nosedived.

I also can't see how Randy Lerner would ever consider employing someone who had such an enormous public falling out with a previous owner. (Even if said previous owner was a complete tool).

If we employ Benitez (unless he brings along Pako - doubtful as he refused to go back to Liverpool with him later on) then we've made a grave error in my opinion.

Sorry mate - that's ill-informed.

Ayesteran was the fitness guy. Rafa was the tactical genius.

It's true it was a blow when Pako left because he was brilliant at his job and a popular guy but there's no correlation between his departure and the Liverpool slump.

We achieved our highest league position and played our best football under Rafa after Pako left.

All great players but they joined him at milan or chelsea... would players of that ilk come to villa even with him there? One or two if were lucky. He will have a tough job convincing young to stay let alone sign those plaayers. Would be worth it to see how good a manager ge really is. Wonder if he sees this as a challenge or a burden.