Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Ancelotti hasn't really had out and out wingers in his time at Chelsea.

What is his record like with wingers before Chelsea?

See his AC Milan and Parma stints.

If Carlo gets the job, Laursen for assistant manager? - the two know each other and are friends plus Laursen is a natural leader.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same person gave AVillaFan the information of Martin O’Neil’s departure 48hours before it was confirmed.
How did he know that? I always assumed MON had a meeting with Randy which went badly and threw his toys out of the pram after the meeting by resigning?

The same person gave AVillaFan the information of Martin O’Neil’s departure 48hours before it was confirmed.
How did he know that? I always assumed MON had a meeting with Randy which went badly and threw his toys out of the pram after the meeting by resigning?

Meeting was Saturday, Lerner left country on Sunday, MON resigned on Monday

Is the official chronology of the events anyway

Oh. I swear I remember reading on the Monday morning that MON and Randy were to have a meeting.

If Carlo gets the job, Laursen for assistant manager? - the two know each other and are friends plus Laursen is a natural leader.

I was thinking the same. Would love to see him back at the club.

Though the Megson idea does have its merits

The more I think about it, the more I really really really want us to land Ancelotti. Would be insane if we did. Not only is it a statement of intend, but, last season he won the double with Chelsea in his first year. Yes it was with Chelsea, but it's not easy to win the prem in your first year of a job in a different country. Especially with SAF and Wenger also fighting for it!

He did well at chelsea - would be brilliant if we can pull it off.

Oh. I swear I remember reading on the Monday morning that MON and Randy were to have a meeting.

Fairly sure thetrees posted a pic of him leaving BHX in his yet on the Sunday

MON was definitely at work on the Sat as he agreed to let Shorey talk to the Tesco Bags on the Sat

Ancelotti would be a great statement of intent from the club!! I think he would attract good players and would take the club forward! My only concern would be that he would be off when a bigger job becomes available if he does not have instant success with Villa! But he would still be my first choice, followed very closely by David Moyes!!! A big no no to Steve 'Wally with a Brolly' McLaren!!

this is something i would worry about if a bigger club did come calling for him then he would want out straight away but at least next managers would see ancelotti came to villa

I was thinking the same. Would love to see him back at the club.

Though the Megson idea does have its merits

Yeah, the important merit of being pure rubbish.

Fairly sure thetrees posted a pic of him leaving BHX in his yet on the Sunday

MON was definitely at work on the Sat as he agreed to let Shorey talk to the Tesco Bags on the Sat

Correct. Randy was on route back to the states and O'Neill told Faulkner he was quitting.

Ancelotti would be a great statement of intent from the club!! I think he would attract good players and would take the club forward! My only concern would be that he would be off when a bigger job becomes available if he does not have instant success with Villa! But he would still be my first choice, followed very closely by David Moyes!!! A big no no to Steve 'Wally with a Brolly' McLaren!!

this is something i would worry about if a bigger club did come calling for him then he would want out straight away but at least next managers would see ancelotti came to villa

Depends on where we end up with him. I will worry about that when it comes right now I just want this guy in!

Stepping stone or not this is a boost.

Plus I felt for ages MON was using us as a stepping stone, yes he said no to England but that was just him being stubborn as they said no first time round. If someone like Sir Alex stepped down whilst we flirted with top 4 he would of gone.

Carlo could win things here. We have to become a team he won't want to just walk away from and that means a few things i.e. winning silverware and of course us lot making him feel at home.

Its part of football worrying about such things. If he wants to stay in England it could be a while until a 'bigger job' comes to him IMO.

non existent at Milan and if i remeber at Juventus as well. Prefers playmakers to wingers

This guy on AVillaFan said Ashleys meeting with RL is on Thursday and that Carlo will be announced before then.
Hope it's 9:00 Monday morning as I'm getting impatient. :twisted:

:winkold:

Carlo is unlikely to be offered a better job than Villa in the prem for some time, unless Man City have a disapointing season. Then again, they would have the choice of most of the world's managers with what they can offer. Spurs job is a similar sort of job to Villa, both share similar aspirations, may become available in the next year if Harry manages England. But if Carlo wanted to stay in England, he'd be hard pushed to find a better job here for the next year or two. The British public seem to have grown to him quite quickly, and it looks like he is feeling the love!

So if he wants to stay in England, this appointment would be logical and a f**kin jolly good one too!