Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to dream, guys.

But really worried everyone's going to be disappointed.

Ancelotti will probably go to a top team.

He's been linked with us but it's just one interview away from him being out of the running.

No statement from him means nothing.

I'd want him here - of course I would - but every year there's a thread on here that makes people forget that we're NOT a top team. It was the same with thoughts of buying Sniejder etc. There was never a real chance, but people buy into it and their imagination runs.

Don't get your hopes too high!

(can't help but hope either)

The ITK on AVillaFan forum says "Ancelotti will be staying at the Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club from Monday"

Anyone fancy setting up a tent outside??

I went on the website and it states it is under maintenance??

you got a link?

Can't get my head round someone of Ancelottis calibre managing Villa unless serious, serious money was available to him. Like SERIOUS money.

Doesn't look like that's the case with Carlo mate. If randy can get a meeting with him I think we stand a chance.

Recent quotes from ancelotti:

“I have respect for all the teams and all the jobs of my colleagues – it doesn’t matter if you manage a top team or a smaller team.

“Money has never been the motivation for me. It’s the same for the players, their motivation is to be the best.”

If you look at our facilities, backing, board you can see we are in reach of the top 4. Ok Chelsea and Man City are the money bags. And Man United will no doubt be there or there-abouts.. But Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are gettable with the right manager.

But I think its paramount that we continue down the road of change and look to bring total football to Villa Park.

In line with what we see in France,Portugal and Spain, we need to chose modern day tactics and training methods,which would be a great start.. Lyon for instance have devolped players like Essien, Malouda, Benzema and Abidal.. I dont need to tell you who Barca etc have developed.. Yet we as a club are still way behind.

Getting Hughes or Moyes wouldnt take us to the levels I speak of..Purley because if they could, they would have installed such a system..

I dont want to go off topic here but I will use Houllier to explain a change in system.. Its not hard to see we had an improvement in the young players under his tenure.. Now whether these players improved because forced through injured seniors or not dosnt matter..What matters is that Houllier seen the potential in these players and nursed it. Bannan shown signs of great vision, so too did most others, clark became better on the ball etc..It was only slight improvements purely because his tenure was slight.

But could you imagine such improvements over a longer term? We could as a club produce better quality footballers.

So the next manager should be a man that can do such things..Moyes and Hughes dont tick that box. Does Ancelotti? Im not sure..

But to carry on from where Houllier leaves off would be a good appointment.. I suggested Deschamps, a younger version of Wenger he may be? Rijkaard could also be a manager that focuses of total football that could filter through the whole club..

Thoughts?

We have had plenty of false dawns at Villa Park over the years, lets hope that this is the start of a new era of success for Villa & Carlo actually does join the club, if not we have to move on and try to get Moyes imo.

I suggested Deschamps, a younger version of Wenger he may be? Thoughts?

Stop banging on about Deschamps please, he ain't coming to Villa.

First Houllier,now Deschamps give it a rest Steakey eh.

I say Ancelotti to come in bringing Pirlo and Kaka. Funded through the sales of Young and Downing. Amazing.

Amazing for our doctors, not so much for us... Kaka is always injured, and earns about 8mil € per year... Something like 135k per week... Pirlo just moved to Juve, has been injured all year, and still earns more than 70k per week, plays well every now and then, and is totally immobile... He would be total rubbish in the Premier League...

Carlo is in Birmingham today :!:

Fact or just idle gossip?? or attention seeking ;-)

None of the above. Lets say strong rumour?

We don't know you tell us seeing as its you who is saying it.

Well its not 100% fact, but it does have stronger weighting than a rumour.