Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will attempt to lighten the mood a bit.

Just remember that Birmingham City will be playing in the Championship next season.

:) Small smile,,as totaly gutted Ancelotti isn't coming and i had built my hopes up

Deschamps really? I rather like us to go for Rudi Garcia from OSC Lille. He built Lille from being a mediocre team to title contenders. This man is exactly what we need. And this season didn't only win Ligue 1 but Coup d'France as well. Deschamps..

And Deschamps won the league and the Coup de Ligue the season before, after 17 trophiless seasons. He also won the Coup de Ligue this season, as well as over achieving with Monaco and doing ok with Juventus. He's also as respected as they come for his playing career and would have far bigger pull in the transfer market.

Rudi Garcia is ok, but he's been well backed at Lille by the owners and only has one sucessful season behind him.

Hate to say I told you so, but this is NOT news. IT was ALWAYS going to happen.

Ancelotti was never going to come here in a million years. Nor was Sneijder before. Some people's imaginations run wild.

Funny how when McClaren is mentioned, suddenly Rafa's not so bad after all isn't it?!!!!!

I will attempt to lighten the mood a bit.

Just remember that Birmingham City will be playing in the Championship next season.

This!

There's one managerial vacancy for an incompetent ginger tosser in the 2nd city and their man has it.

How can his opinion be wrong? Would it be wrong to say Liverpool haven't won a trophy since Pako Ayestaran left?

Cup runs are great but hardly indicate progress as your neighbours will testify.

Pako left in the summer of 2007. Our highest league position and best form under Rafa came in 2009.

Hmmm.... what to make of Ancelotti's quotes.

Sound to me like a veiled 'get your arse in gear and speak to me if you want me' to whoever the potential suitors are. A good offer and he'll be sat in a dug out come August, whichever club wants him. I seem to remember Fergie was apparently retiring, then changed his mind.

this feeling now... how many times have we felt it before... how many more to come.

B*llocks!!

yeah, was convinced it might actually happen this time too!

it still might, if it spurs the board to make a direct offer for ancelotti instead of sounding out his agent or whatever they were doing before to make kendrick say that they'd been in touch with him...

maybe...

but probably not.

arse.

Hmmm.... what to make of Ancelotti's quotes.

Sound to me like a veiled 'get your arse in gear and speak to me if you want me' to whoever the potential suitors are. A good offer and he'll be sat in a dug out come August, whichever club wants him. I seem to remember Fergie was apparently retiring, then changed his mind.

That's what I was thinking. If Villa really haven't made contact with him yet maybe there's a slim chance Randy could coax him to Villa Park? Not likely at all I know, but there's no harm in dreaming.

I reckon Randy should keep everybody guessing.. call a press conference to be shown live on Sky or something & then simply say.... "Ladies & Gentlemen.... I would like to introduce the new Aston Villa manager....... then drum roll

.lights flashing.

Strobe on

out walks

........................................ .> CARLO ANCELOTTI :D:D:D

Who announces the new manager is Steve Mclaren :twisted::twisted:

Where is Randy ? - Apparently he hasn't been the uk for a while........that means the new manager choice is down to PF .....and that could be why Mclaren is such short odds ?

Pretty sure Randy has a phone and will be involved in the decision :!: