Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think it will be suicide for the board if McLaren is appointed as manager. Fans are already frustrated with this season, and ST sales are down on previous years so I think they need to signal a statement of intent as if this wally is appointed the current ST's they do have will also be sent back.

Im dusting down the Pitch Fork, just in case :(

I honestly think it will be suicide for the board if McLaren is appointed as manager. Fans are already frustrated with this season, and ST sales are down on previous years so I think they need to signal a statement of intent as if this wally is appointed the current ST's they do have will also be sent back.

This.

To be fair to McLaren, his record in English club football is alright.

He's a laughing stock because of his Dutch interview and England failure. But his accent has no bearing on his managerial ability and international football is a completely different kettle of fish. Every England manager gets tarred and feathered by the press in the end and for what? Just losing a few games, really.

He's nobody's first choice but I don't think he'd necessarily be an unmitigated disaster either. He's hungry to re-establish himself, won't be shy to blood your kids and he might convince Downing to hang around.

Why are you so concerned about the next villa manager if you support redscum ?

and why are you telling us the shit candidates are good enough?

Why are you belligerent?

I wouldn't be any where a liverpool forum, telling you how great Doug Ellis and David O leary is ..................so why are you here - talking up duff managers ? - seems a reasonable question ?

I'm trying to be helpful - genuinely.

I wouldn't want McClaren either but if he's the man you end up with, it's not all bad. Like I said, most of the derision he attracts has nothing to do with his club management.

I was kidding about the Southgate-McClaren dream ticket though. That would be ridiculous.

Very good club manager?!

To be fair at Twente he did well although he inherited a fairly decent side as they qualified for the Champions League the season before he got there.

Middlesbrough Mid Table Highest Finish of 7th - Nothing spectacular there, considering money and wages Gibson gave out. Cup runs masked a negative team.

Wolfsburg - Appalling. That's the ones that worries me as he had to build a side. That's what he'll have to do here and I just think it's too much of a gamble after last season.

Reading between the lines Ancelotti was back in Italy over the weekend and gave that interview saying he has had no contact from any clubs and that he plans to take a year out.

He said he is going back to London to sort out a few things, so whenever that occurs Randy will give him a bell to say come manage the Villa to which he will think **** me I can manage the villa - get in!!!

Things sorted, contract signed before his birthday Friday! :winkold: :)

Off to put another tenner on at these ridiculous odds!

McClaren is a brilliant coach.... but shite manager so no thanks.

How about a Southgate-McClaren dream ticket?

Struggling to see what element Southgate's involvement would solve.

Not sure that would be many Villa fans dream ticket.

Penalty coach.

Very good club manager?!

To be fair at Twente he did well although he inherited a fairly decent side as they qualified for the Champions League the season before he got there.

Middlesbrough 12th, 7th, 14th - Nothing spectacular there, considering money and wages Gibson gave out. Cup runs masked a negative team.

Wolfsburg - Appalling. That's the ones that worries me as he had to build a side. That's what he'll have to do here and I just think it's too much of a gamble after last season.

If anything he looks over qualified for the 1996 coca-cola cup winners.

The thing that really annoys me about the wally is his pen and paper, he tries to act all continental which does my bloody nut in. Seriously if he's appointed, i will pick and choose my games next year. We employ a middle of the road manager! Faulkner will only employ him so he can increase the ginger ninja's.

VT in full apocalypse meltdown mode! Should we not actually wait and see who gets the job, before we start with the threats of packing in season tickets and never setting foot in VP again? As far as I can see it's all speculation, and the media has just as much of an idea of who is gonna be the next manager as the average member of VT has. I'll wait until I see the new manager having his photo taken at VP, before I make any decision on what state the club is in and the direction we'll be going.

I always remember a Boro fan chucking his season ticket at him.

If he aint good enough for those smoggies.......

It is my memory of him as well. It was late Jan or early Feb after we drubbed them 4-0 at the Riverside, and this was when we were playing badly under DOL in his final season. The only reason he got the England job was because the FA had to have an English manager after Sven. it was no suprise to me when England failed miserably under him. I would be devastated if Randy hired him, and my opinion of Randy would plummet.

it all seemed simple a week ago - Houllier gone \ Hughes resigns - simples. Hopefully the clause was the fly in the ointment and we still get Hughes - but all the pundits suggest otherwise

Very good club manager?!

Middlesbrough 12th, 7th, 14th - Nothing spectacular there, considering money and wages Gibson gave out. Cup runs masked a negative team.

If anything he looks over qualified for the 1996 coca-cola cup winners.

Nice.

The depression that will set in if we appoint that **** clown McClaren will be poisonous for the club.

The fan/board relationsip is already on a knife edge following the last seasons debacle. It wont take much to push folks over the edge thats for certain. And for me, that knobhead would do the trick. If that's the level we're aiming it, and the budget we're working to, then I might as well save my hard earned too.

The mere thought of him being our manager makes me feel queezy.

I hope to god Randy isn't using the same 'panel' that he did last time. The ones that came up with such an amazing shortlist of talent ... DOH!

it all seemed simple a week ago - Houllier gone \ Hughes resigns - simples. Hopefully the clause was the fly in the ointment and we still get Hughes - but all the pundits suggest otherwise

I have a feeling there was more into the timing of Hughes walkout. I dont believe in coincidence, especially in Football.

But when i noticed whom Hughe's agent was, i went off him pretty quickly. Thing is, did Randy?

The depression that will set in if we appoint that **** clown McClaren will be poisonous for the club.

The fan/board relationsip is already on a knife edge following the last seasons debacle. It wont take much to push folks over the edge thats for certain. And for me, that knobhead would do the trick. If that's the level we're aiming it, and the budget we're working to, then I might as well save my hard earned too.

The mere thought of him being our manager makes me feel queezy.

I hope to god Randy isn't using the same 'panel' that he did last time. The ones that came up with such an amazing shortlist of talent ... DOH!

Agree 100 % with the above. When you say 'panel' I get the feeling someone was in the loft and brought down 'Simon says' or 'speak and spell'. Where the **** did they come up with the last choice from ?

If he gets the job It will be like when Alderaan gets blown up by the death star in star wars, millions of Villa souls both alive and dead will scream in infinite agony, the screams will be heard in the far flung parts of the galaxy and from that point forward nothing will be right with Villa Park.

if you ask me, paul faulkners a big reason why we are not a step closer to administration

could you explain what you mean? sounds a bit cryptic.

Yeah, basically as chief executive, I think Faulkner had some input into the idea of reducing the wage bill.