Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think McClaren is a bad as people make out but deary me I hope it's not him. Fans would be on his back from day one too...

I'd actually quite like him except, as you say, the fans wouldn't give him a chance. There are quite a few in that category.

Does anyone not think he is just being respectful? As if he comes out and says I turned down Villa it looks bad for the next man.

Yes, i do think that is the case. Don`t want steve feeling like he was 9th choice.

To be fair to McLaren, his record in English club football is alright.

He's a laughing stock because of his Dutch interview and England failure. But his accent has no bearing on his managerial ability and international football is a completely different kettle of fish. Every England manager gets tarred and feathered by the press in the end and for what? Just losing a few games, really.

He's nobody's first choice but I don't think he'd necessarily be an unmitigated disaster either. He's hungry to re-establish himself, won't be shy to blood your kids and he might convince Downing to hang around.

Why are you so concerned about the next villa manager if you support redscum ?

and why are you telling us the shit candidates are good enough?

Why are you belligerent?

The Wally is actually a very very good club manager.

Is that what you thought when we were 4 up at Boro, with Cattermole in tears and a fan ran up to his own manager and ripped up his season ticket?

Does anyone not think he is just being respectful? As if he comes out and says I turned down Villa it looks bad for the next man.

I would imagine we contacted him, he had the weekend to think and then has released this statement. Fair enough – big punt by us.

I think i want Martinez now, if Moyes is off the radar. I'd rather give it to Gary Mac than both Benitez and McClaren. Let's hope Randy does the right thing and starts the Summer with an exciting appointment.

Exactly.

I think we are all getting our knickers in a twist over nout.

He is not going to confirm or deny anything, and the mere fact that hes returning to London, should indicate that he might be waiting around for something?

This aint dusted, same as Mark Hughes :winkold:

if we dont get a top manager then it will be like being promised a pair of new trainers as a boy, you are hoping it will be the pair of nike airmax but instead your parents bring out a box containing hitec

completely underwhelming, embarrassing and almost puts you off going out to play.

hughes, mclaren, martiinez, benitez all fall into this catagory

hitec

Mclaren's worse than Hitec mate, he's pure Gola!

no, gola and to some extent dunlop green flash have come back into fashion with the 'retro' look. hitec were, are and alsways will be ... shit

He's a laughing stock because of his Dutch interview and England failure. But his accent has no bearing on his managerial ability and international football is a completely different kettle of fish. Every England manager gets tarred and feathered by the press in the end and for what? Just losing a few games, really.

He's nobody's first choice but I don't think he'd necessarily be an unmitigated disaster either. He's hungry to re-establish himself, won't be shy to blood your kids and he might convince Downing to hang around.

Why are you belligerent?

I wouldn't be any where a liverpool forum, telling you how great Doug Ellis and David O leary is ..................so why are you here - talking up duff managers ? - seems a reasonable question ?

McClaren is a brilliant coach.... but shite manager so no thanks.

How about a Southgate-McClaren dream ticket?

Struggling to see what element Southgate's involvement would solve.

Not sure that would be many Villa fans dream ticket.

I honestly think it will be suicide for the board if McLaren is appointed as manager. Fans are already frustrated with this season, and ST sales are down on previous years so I think they need to signal a statement of intent as if this wally is appointed the current ST's they do have will also be sent back.

Why are you belligerent?

I wouldn't be any where a liverpool forum, telling you how great Doug Ellis and David O leary is ..................so why are you here - talking up duff managers ? - seems a reasonable question ?

I'd rather him do that then have your posts.

Look at yourself, constant swipes at Faulkner with no evidence which enables you to do so and in a recent post you said you're gonna put a bet on GMac. Go ahead Mr negative, put a couple of hundred on while you're at it if you're so confident in the boards ability.

if we dont get a top manager then it will be like being promised a pair of new trainers as a boy, you are hoping it will be the pair of nike airmax but instead your parents bring out a box containing hitec

completely underwhelming, embarrassing and almost puts you off going out to play.

hughes, mclaren, martiinez, benitez all fall into this catagory

hitec

Mclaren's worse than Hitec mate, he's pure Gola!

no, gola and to some extent dunlop green flash have come back into fashion with the 'retro' look. hitec were, are and alsways will be ... shit

Well a lot has change since I was at school, still Mclaren's no Adidas!