Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes - "Meh" for me, shite football for average results with a lot of draws.

Benitez - No, he'll empty our coffers, many criticised GH's signings at Liverpool, Benitez made over 100 signings. :shock: Also the footballs hardly brilliant.

Martinez - A yes for me, a very likeable person, young and fresh, has done well at Wigan considering many (myself among them) said they were dead certs to be relegated this year.

Jol - Another yes, built Spurs well before being (unfairly for me) sacked.

Moyes - Non-starter as we don't have the leverage to tempt him IMO, but yes if we did.

McLaren - I think i speak for the whole of VillaTalk when I say "NO, NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO."

Benitez is a tactical genius with encyclopaedic knowledge of the game.

Zonal marking, 65th min subs and rotation will drive you nuts until you check the stats and see that they all pay-off over the course of a season.

Benitez is a man who lost his second in command and then went on to lose his brains.

That's horseshit as you would find out for yourself if you checked rather than just regurgitating what somebody else said.

Besides all this wally with a brolly, Shteeeve and the general feeling that he's a poor manager, does anyone else feel ill disposed to him after the way he came in and signed Ugo, Southgate and Boateng when he was Boro manager?

Although I think McClaren would do a decent job...

It will be interesting to see if everyone who wanted Houllier to be sacked (yes I know he left due to ill health) would have been happy with McClaren as his replacement?

I wanted Houllier out, but now I want him back :|

Zonal marking, 65th min subs and rotation will drive you nuts until you check the stats and see that they all pay-off over the course of a season.

Benitez is a man who lost his second in command and then went on to lose his brains.

That's horseshit as you would find out for yourself if you checked rather than just regurgitating what somebody else said.

Nope, my own opinion. Bugger off back to RAWK.

if Ancelotti taking a year out was from the papers alone would Sky Sports News not of put it on yellow bar earlier this mornin being as they read the papers first thing?

im hoping Lerner has asked him to say that hes takin a year out,just to cool down the Ancelotti to Villa talks,so in a couple of weeks when we all fearing the worse Villa can come out and say Ancelotti is our new Manager

Doubtful tho,

didn't Mat Kendrick say we had made contact with Carlo?now Ancelotti saying hes had no contact with any clubs,,,,someone is telling porkies

the carlo quotes come from this article...

http://www3.lastampa.it/sport/sezioni/calcio/lstp/405652/

the only part that refers directly to villa is this bit...

Tanto da cercare un'altra squadra? Fulham, Aston Villa: ne restano poche ormai.

«No, tanto da tornare a Londra e da lì organizzarmi la vita. Tranne una parentesi di sei mesi, alleno di fila dal ‘95: mi fermo un anno e mi guardo in giro, mi aggiorno, studio come lavorano i colleghi».

ok, the question before this bit was whether he wants to stay in england forever, he says no because he is italian through and through but it's an esperience he has enjoyed. then the bit quoted above is "to find another squad? fulham, aston villa: there aren't many left really" to which carlo responds...

"no, to go back to london and organize my life. apart from a break of six months, i've been coaching since '95: i'll stop for a year and look around, to freshen up, to study how my colleagues work"

la stampa is mainstream italian media, not a little tinpot website. i'd say it rules him out completely. which is a shame as i've spent 3 or 4 days hoping he'd sign.

Nope, my own opinion. Bugger off back to RAWK.

I'm doing you a favour here - your opinion is wrong. All you have to do is check.

didn't Mat Kendrick say we had made contact with Carlo?now Ancelotti saying hes had no contact with any clubs,,,,someone is telling porkies

I think it's very likely that clubs have been at least in contact with Ancelotti's representatives, if not the man himself. That contact may have been as minimal as "he's not interested". Whether that includes Villa is anyones guess.

How can his opinion be wrong? Would it be wrong to say Liverpool haven't won a trophy since Pako Ayestaran left?