Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to McLaren, his record in English club football is alright.

He's a laughing stock because of his Dutch interview and England failure. But his accent has no bearing on his managerial ability and international football is a completely different kettle of fish. Every England manager gets tarred and feathered by the press in the end and for what? Just losing a few games, really.

He's nobody's first choice but I don't think he'd necessarily be an unmitigated disaster either. He's hungry to re-establish himself, won't be shy to blood your kids and he might convince Downing to hang around.

Ancelotti was supposed to have forgone some of his Chelsea payoff to get a clause removed preventing him from managing in the UK for 12 months?

Was that just made up?

Great point!! Forgotten about that.

Why would someone forego a million quid and then say I'm taking a year out anyway.

If we have not approached Ancelotti, just confirms my worst fears about the board. Lerner has a terrible record of appointing coaches and Faulkner has no experience of football. We desperately need a football man on the board, with a better handle on the modern game than GT. McClarens appointment, coming hard on the heels of Young's departure would unleash a firestorm of protest that would drive a wedge between us and the club, undoing at a stroke all the good work that has gone into improving relationships with supporters. If we struggle next season under a McClaren/Martinez type manager then I would expect the first calls for Lerner to go would begin to be heard. Just saying....

I still have no idea why he hired Paul Faulkner. Like just recently, he had a chat with Downing's agent and suddenly Downing doesn't want to sign a contract. That's just one of the many negative aspects.

All I've seen him as is a teddy bear that Randy likes to hug once in a while. What's the point of that?

The problem is though Redman that he is seen as a bit of a clown by fans, press alike. And if we feel that way you can bet your arse players feel that way too.

We keep hearing of what a good coach he is. Fine. Not a problem with that. Though I do think he is a 'decent' coach at best. Anyone can look a good coach when working with Fergie as he such a **** good manager! But their is a HUGE gulf between being a good coach and being a manager. Just look at other coaches who have tried to make that step.. Brian Kidd, Graham Rix to name two. Otherwise we'd not have managers at all but just coaching staff.

I

if we dont get a top manager then it will be like being promised a pair of new trainers as a boy, you are hoping it will be the pair of nike airmax but instead your parents bring out a box containing hitec

completely underwhelming, embarrassing and almost puts you off going out to play.

hughes, mclaren, martiinez, benitez all fall into this catagory

hitec

The problem is though Redman that he is seen as a bit of a clown by fans, press alike. And if we feel that way you can bet your arse players feel that way too.

We keep hearing of what a good coach he is. Fine. Not a problem with that. Though I do think he is a 'decent' coach at best. Anyone can look a good coach when working with Fergie as he such a **** good manager! But their is a HUGE gulf between being a good coach and being a manager. Just look at other coaches who have tried to make that step.. Brian Kidd, Graham Rix to name two. Otherwise we'd not have managers at all but just coaching staff.

I

Sammy Lee

Seems to me that the only people who are not moaning/laughing about Ancelotti not being the next manager are the bookies!!

From what I've read on here an awful lot of people have parted with their cash too easily

:idea: I think certain bookies make heaps of cash with false rumours

if we dont get a top manager then it will be like being promised a pair of new trainers as a boy, you are hoping it will be the pair of nike airmax but instead your parents bring out a box containing hitec

completely underwhelming, embarrassing and almost puts you off going out to play.

hughes, mclaren, martiinez, benitez all fall into this catagory

hitec

Mclaren's worse than Hitec mate, he's pure Gola!

Does anyone not think he is just being respectful? As if he comes out and says I turned down Villa it looks bad for the next man.

I would imagine we contacted him, he had the weekend to think and then has released this statement. Fair enough – big punt by us.

I think i want Martinez now, if Moyes is off the radar. I'd rather give it to Gary Mac than both Benitez and McClaren. Let's hope Randy does the right thing and starts the Summer with an exciting appointment.

To be fair to McLaren, his record in English club football is alright.

He's a laughing stock because of his Dutch interview and England failure. But his accent has no bearing on his managerial ability and international football is a completely different kettle of fish. Every England manager gets tarred and feathered by the press in the end and for what? Just losing a few games, really.

He's nobody's first choice but I don't think he'd necessarily be an unmitigated disaster either. He's hungry to re-establish himself, won't be shy to blood your kids and he might convince Downing to hang around.

Why are you so concerned about the next villa manager if you support redscum ?

and why are you telling us the shit candidates are good enough?