Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I see people are already jumping at another chance to blame the board for something. It's way too premature for that. How about waiting until we actually appoint a manager?

Fair comment but I think people are just making it known that we don't Want mclaren. I for one hope the board take some notice of our feelings.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you ask me, paul faulkners a big reason why we are not a step closer to administration

could you explain what you mean? sounds a bit cryptic.

Yeah, basically as chief executive, I think Faulkner had some input into the idea of reducing the wage bill.

And he stopped putting his lunch on expenses,That saved about 145,000 a week.

I see people are already jumping at another chance to blame the board for something. It's way too premature for that. How about waiting until we actually appoint a manager?

No, it's much more fun to slag of the board for something they may or may not have done.

If we have not approached Ancelotti, just confirms my worst fears about the board. Lerner has a terrible record of appointing coaches and Faulkner has no experience of football. We desperately need a football man on the board, with a better handle on the modern game than GT. McClarens appointment, coming hard on the heels of Young's departure would unleash a firestorm of protest that would drive a wedge between us and the club, undoing at a stroke all the good work that has gone into improving relationships with supporters. If we struggle next season under a McClaren/Martinez type manager then I would expect the first calls for Lerner to go would begin to be heard. Just saying....

How can Lerner have a terrible record of appointing coaches since? MON wasn't a bad appointment for us and Houllier didn't work out, it aint he hasd appointed 6 managers in since he has been here.

Without Randy's money we would not have the expectations we have, Randy has got us there which I think a lot of fans do not appreciate. Lerner is the best thing to happen to our club in a long time.

I would rather have an owner like Lerner that the Venkys at Blackburn. judging by your post maybe you would prefer the latter.

Ianrob found this dating back to early May

http://tinyurl.com/5wt7o6v

Carlo Ancelotti is set for a year on the sidelines when he leaves Stamford Bridge - because of a clause in his contract.

Ancelotti is preparing himself for the Stamford Bridge axe, 12 months after becoming the first manager in the club’s history to win the league title and FA Cup Double.

While the Italian wants to stay in England and is set to turn down the chance to return to former club Roma, Ancelotti will not be able to go back into management in this country unless there is a change of heart by the Chelsea hierarchy.

It's understood that under the terms of the three-year deal Ancelotti signed when he joined Chelsea in 2009, he is not allowed to work for another Premier League club within 12 months of leaving Stamford Bridge.

That will force ­Ancelotti to either return to the continent or accept an enforced year of gardening leave.

Ancelotti is still awaiting confirmation of his fate from owner Roman Abramovich. No meeting with a board member is yet scheduled, but the Blues boss anticipates it will come early next week - following Sunday’s final game of the season at Everton.

“We have to wait to see what happens and what will be the decision of the club at the end of the season," said the £6million-a-year Italian.

“We have one more weekend and we just have to wait. I think it will happen after Everton.

“It’s not my decision and I don’t know when the club will take its decision.

"I would like to stay, but if that’s not possible I will find another solution.

I just renewed my Season Ticket this morning too . I try not to read too much into speculation or media gossip these days , but I was really really starting to hope we got Ancelotti - to think of Steve McLaren though :oops: Still, IF he is appointed, we have to give him a chance but boy, what a disappointment. Let's just see what happens first though, none of us really know what's happening behind the scenes do we. I'm still not giving up hope of a good appointment. Who knows, McLaren could be it and have a fantastic spell at VP . He must want to try to mend his image and reputation surely. Ho hum, will stop trying to justify things now. Let's just wait and see.

OK, this is all boring. Let's play a little game:

What page will this thread be on at the exact moment a new manager is appointed?

Closest wins..... I'm saying 513.

Place your bets...... and don't forget to claim bragging rights should you win.

disappointed its not ancelotti but always felt it would never happen but i am still excited for the next manager. it CANNOT be steve mclaren there is no one on here that wants him and hardly anyone wants rafa.so that leaves moyes, jol, hughes as the top ones as they have pl expierence. now if it his jol we will have to move quick because he will be top of fulhams list as well. would be happy with those managers stil.

no-one has mentioned ronald koeman and he said last year he would be interested.

If we have not approached Ancelotti, just confirms my worst fears about the board. Lerner has a terrible record of appointing coaches and Faulkner has no experience of football. We desperately need a football man on the board, with a better handle on the modern game than GT. McClarens appointment, coming hard on the heels of Young's departure would unleash a firestorm of protest that would drive a wedge between us and the club, undoing at a stroke all the good work that has gone into improving relationships with supporters. If we struggle next season under a McClaren/Martinez type manager then I would expect the first calls for Lerner to go would begin to be heard. Just saying....

How can Lerner have a terrible record of appointing coaches since? MON wasn't a bad appointment for us and Houllier didn't work out, it aint he hasd appointed 6 managers in since he has been here.

Without Randy's money we would not have the expectations we have, Randy has got us there which I think a lot of fans do not appreciate. Lerner is the best thing to happen to our club in a long time.

I would rather have an owner like Lerner that the Venkys at Blackburn. judging by your post maybe you would prefer the latter.

He may be referring to Randy's record in American football, which I have know idea about really but understand the Brown's have made some questionable appointments. Personally, I don't believe that has any bearing on our situation. His only appointment at Villa is Houllier and I personally don't see it as a bad appointment.

OK, this is all boring. Let's play a little game:

What page will this thread be on at the exact moment a new manager is appointed?

Closest wins..... I'm saying 513.

Place your bets...... and don't forget to claim bragging rights should you win.

He may be referring to Randy's record in American football, which I have know idea about really but understand the Brown's have made some questionable appointments. Personally, I don't believe that has any bearing on our situation. His only appointment at Villa is Houllier and I personally don't see it as a bad appointment.

Even if it's in relation to NFL, it is a different ball game to the premier league, quite literally! Plus, I think I am right in saying that Faulkner and Lerner did publicy state that they would get a footballing consultation when appointing MON's successor who I belive was Graham Taylor amongst others.

if we dont get a top manager then it will be like being promised a pair of new trainers as a boy, you are hoping it will be the pair of nike airmax but instead your parents bring out a box containing hitec

completely underwhelming, embarrassing and almost puts you off going out to play.

hughes, mclaren, martiinez, benitez all fall into this catagory

hitec

:lol::lol: well said

Doug gave Lerner MON as a parting gift