Emile Heskey

R.Bear

I find it disappointing yet again that Heskey is slammed for the things he did wrong rather than the things he did right.

From where I was sitting he came on and changed the game, yes he missed that awful chance by a mile but at least he offered something unlike a lot of players today.

Have to agree.

This

His skewed shot was horrendous but he really caused them problems and put himself about. I'm no fan of his but he deserves a bit of credit today.

The simple fact is he's a footballer who does his best work without the ball. His strength is in occupying defenders to allow space for others. But the cost is that when he does have shooting opportunities he's actually the last person on the pitch you'd want them to fall to. I'd put more money on Dunne or Collins shooting from 25 yards than Heskey.

Still, whatever people think of him as a player, he deserves some credit: today was his 500th Premier League game, which is a rather impressive milestone.

Apparently Heskey is a wonderful team guy. All the lads love him and he is a coaches dream apparently, but his play is horrendous. I wouldn't even classify Heskey as championship quality at this point. If McLeish likes Heskey's attitude and charisma, then have him in the 18 cheering the lads on, but never bring him on the pitch.

The worst part about all this is that no matter how shit we all think heskey is he would still be better suited to the roll darren bent is being asked to play. we have arguably the best goal scorer in the league and his contribution to this side and in the pathetic way in which the side is set up is absolutely zero.

Cant believe it but in this current set up the manager should pick heskey ahead of bent and that tells you everything about the idiot in charge

Worrying a little we were only half decent when he came on. Obviously the problem is, even though his presence up front gave us something to work off, his actual ability in the final third is dreadful. In fact, only one spell in a Villa shirt has he looked a bloody player and that was last season for a couple months before Bent come.

He'll get huge stick for yesterday because quite frankly, his attempts on goal were worse than shocking but it's also a balance, no one else was winning what he was, no one was else was taking up good positions.

If he is going to play though, he needs to be upfront like he came on vs United and not on the **** wing.

He improved the team but as an individual in terms of ability, he is poor. It's a difficult one, given the style of play, I'd play 4-4-2 with him up top with Bent and Gabby wide left striker then just like Petrov, Jenas/Bannan (right ish central) and another CM

At least i guess if we're going to play shit football, play a formation and team to do so, with players in positions that can cause problems. only hope.

Â