Emile Heskey

R.Bear

Couldnt see another thread.

Looks like he's off to Leicester then. Another one of MON's flops. But for about 5 games at the start of this season, nothing but a frustrating and ineffective let-down. Would that adequately sum up his time here?

The winner vs Wolves the only highlight for me, superb header.

Looks like he's off to Leicester then. Another one of MON's flops. But for about 5 games at the start of this season, nothing but a frustrating and ineffective let-down. Would that adequately sum up his time here?

Hmmm??

If we have no manager, then whos making these decisions?

:shock:

Hmmm??

Isn't this just speculation?

Anyway, tried hard but never really showed he was good enough.

Performed brilliantly for a spell at the start of the season but never really got more than 2/3 games on trot because of injuries, then Bent came in and his confidence of back to being nothing more than a squad player shown with some pretty dysmal performances recently. Nice guy though and always put in a shift, just clearly not good or consistant enough.

Hmmm??

well, the options are:

1) The board have assumed that whoever the manager is, they aren't going to want Heskey (which is a pretty decent assumption). They plan to give the new manager a decent transfer kitty to buy another striker of teh managers choice.

2) They have already agreed their new manager, and have spoken to him about players in/out. They are just waiting for the Houllier stuff to be sorted, before they can announce the new manager.

my assumption is no2.

The decision to let Heskey leave? I'd expect anyone from the toilet cleaner upwards would have that authority/nous.

Overall one most frustrating players to watch ever play the game.

Wish him well if goes but if only we had signed someone like a certain Bent way back in Jan 2009 instead ....

Although have to admit signing Heskey back then did almost make sense - he was in good form , thought O'Neill might be able to get him consistant but meh.

biggest pantomime villain ive ever come across, he could play well, play poorly, create all 6 vs utd in a 0-6 away win at OT, the fact that he hasnt scored means he'll still get given a 5/10 and a "shit" next to his name

at times he was really poor at other times i just felt sorry for him, was never going to win some fans over

The decision to let Heskey leave? I'd expect anyone from the toilet cleaner upwards would have that authority/nous.

:lol::lol:

Yeah my post sounded a bit harsh. He's a good guy, but just lacked any sort of confidence for prolonged periods after the Liverpool spell. He's done the same thing everywhere tbh. His goalscoring record though since Liverpool (and even in Liverpool the last couple of seasons) is indefensible.

Yeah my post sounded a bit harsh. He's a good guy, but just lacked any sort of confidence for prolonged periods after the Liverpool spell. He's done the same thing everywhere tbh. His goalscoring record though since Liverpool (and even in Liverpool the last couple of seasons) is indefensible.

Its proberly more a case, of managers deciding that Heskey would not score in a brothal, so said "right you big lump. We are going to stick you on the halfway line, and all you have to do, is try to touch the ball with some portion of your massive frame, or roll around like Dorothy"

IMO he was never actually as bad as people on here made him out to be.

MON certainly coudn't find a way to slot him effectively into his playing system so he was a bit ineffective but he never gave up trying and it looked as if Houllier/McAllister were getting a bit more out of him.

Still, he's too long in the tooth now, time to find a gentler level of competition.

I'm assuming he WON'T be sold before we get a new manager!

At least he added a new element to his game this season. Going MENTAL; ie. Wigan (vs. ref) or Sunderland (shoving Hendersons face, red card (gosh what a horrible game that was...))

His kid looked quality sticking those 2 goals away in front of the North Stand after the Lpool game though

:lol:

from january onwards put on 2 stone around his belly and was not effective anymore

odd that his last game he looked like he cared, unfortunetely, not about villa as he tried everything he could to get sent off.

a top bloke but never was good enough for us and apart from possibly 1 game in 10 never showed his worth

We should have let him go to Liverpool at the time. Another really useless signing by our previous manager. 3.5m+wages wasted on a player who was never going to contribute to the team in the way which was needed, eh, goals. Shocking signing!

Â