Emile Heskey

R.Bear

To be fair he did a better job then N'Zogbia....

Would have preferred Ireland to come on though.

IMO Heskey didn't really do a better job than N'Zogbia yesterday. N'Zogbia was largely anonymous and didn't do anything of real worth - tried to run a few times, tried to pressure, most of his crosses were blocked, nothing special. He didn't exactly have a nightmare. Heskey came on and had exactly the same kind of nondescript performance, albeit with the lowered threshold of expectation that comes with Heskey.

The ball was sailing over his head due to his position, it wasn't sticking to him when he got it, he didn't do anything but the most basic of passes, lacked mobility in closing down, and I didn't see him intercepting or converting crosses. If he had put in the same performance at CF it would have been diabolical, but because he was out of position it's somewhat forgivable so we can upgrade it to 'mediocre'.

A totally pointless substitution yesterday. He is experienced yes, but unless he is being brought on up top for a spot of hoofball then I don't see the point. He is not and never will be a, an attacking midfielder.

i thought he was brought on as a defensive midfielder, i only saw him standing on the half way line with his intrest in the game as flat as a plate of piss.

To be fair he did a better job then N'Zogbia....

Would have preferred Ireland to come on though.

IMO Heskey didn't really do a better job than N'Zogbia yesterday. N'Zogbia was largely anonymous and didn't do anything of real worth - tried to run a few times, tried to pressure, most of his crosses were blocked, nothing special. He didn't exactly have a nightmare. Heskey came on and had exactly the same kind of nondescript performance, albeit with the lowered threshold of expectation that comes with Heskey.

The ball was sailing over his head due to his position, it wasn't sticking to him when he got it, he didn't do anything but the most basic of passes, lacked mobility in closing down, and I didn't see him intercepting or converting crosses. If he had put in the same performance at CF it would have been diabolical, but because he was out of position it's somewhat forgivable so we can upgrade it to 'mediocre'.

agreed. yesterday baffled me. Before he came on I was actually thinking we sort of need him. The ball wasnt sticking up front at all. I dont think you can blame him for his positioning, he must have been told to play in that area.

• 2 weeks later...
Villa boss brushed aside the criticism of the experienced forward and insisted Heskey has been one of the claret and blues’ best performers.

“Emile is a versatile player, a good team player. I know that every single player loves him,” said McLeish. “I was speaking to Stephen Warnock and telling him he had a great game against Sunderland and he said ‘it’s just dead easy to play with Emile’ and I thought that summed it up. He was in a 4-4-1-1 as the one behind the main striker against Sunderland which he is very good at. And we changed it because maybe he is a little bit better at filling the space between the full-back and winger which is why he changed things around a bit.”

http://tinyurl.com/6kxvq2a

Villa boss brushed aside the criticism of the experienced forward and insisted Heskey has been one of the claret and blues’ best performers.

“Emile is a versatile player, a good team player. I know that every single player loves him,” said McLeish. “I was speaking to Stephen Warnock and telling him he had a great game against Sunderland and he said ‘it’s just dead easy to play with Emile’ and I thought that summed it up. He was in a 4-4-1-1 as the one behind the main striker against Sunderland which he is very good at. And we changed it because maybe he is a little bit better at filling the space between the full-back and winger which is why he changed things around a bit.”

http://tinyurl.com/6kxvq2a

NO GODDAMMIT! This means another start for Heskey.

Emile Heskey, while I can see some of his values, is currently holding one of our youngsters back, whether it be Bannan, Gardner, Delph, or even Ireland (less so him though). The position he has been been playing should go to one of them.

Â