Emile Heskey

R.Bear

I have never "got" the Heskey thing.... He adds a bit of solidity up front at the ridiculous cost of Goal scoring potential.

How do you figure that?

How on earth do you decide that it's better to have a little bit more solidity & presence up front when it is to the detriment of our scoring potential?...I just don't get it.

Go back to our attack just before MON signed Heskey....#

Carew, Gabby, Young etc & we were on a very hot scoring streak regularly scoring 3,4 & 5 a game..... Then Heskey comes..Scores the goal in a 1-0 away win at Portsmouth & thats it.. Our goal tally completely changes to 0, 1 & 2's

How come this was never noticed?!

Bizarre.. very bizarre

In the 14 Premiership games before Heskey came we scored 25 goals & conceded 14

In the 14 after his arrival we scored just 15 goals!! & conceded 24 goals!!

So we went from a +11 Goal difference to a -9 GD!!

In the games leading up to his arrival of the top 4 sides we played Man U (H), Arsenal (H&A) & Chelsea (A) so 4 in total

After his arrival of the top 4 sides we played Chelsea (H), Liverpool (A) & Man U (A) so 3 in total!

So we averaged 1.79 goals per game before he came & 1.07 after he came though our supposed extra solidity gave us a defensive average of

1 goal conceded per game before he came & 1.71 goals conceded per game after his arrival!!

I rest my case.

To be fair to Heskey he is not the one asking or demanding to be played out of position.
Indeed, but that doesn't change the fact that he's still pretty shit.

No doubt about it. He is a poor striker and a **** disgrace of a midfielder.

Well just imagine what he will be like as a defender? McUseless has already said he wants him to be our next Dion Dublin? What a back 4 this would be should Dunne get injured? Hutton, Collins, Heskey and Warnock... Shit that gives me nightmares just thinking about it???

I can't really understand how he's still playing regularly in the Premier League, his legs went years ago. If MON hadn't saddled us with him he'd have been back at Leicester years ago.

I imagine he'd be a bit like Franz Beckenbauer at the back, striding forward with authority and laying the ball off to James Collins to hoof upfield as high and far as possible. The beautiful game.

Yes, Total Football!!!!

Totally **** shit!!!!

He'd be a better full back than midfielder, attacker. Sadly, I'm not even joking. Whenever he plays, his best attributes seem to be from a defensive out look. Might as well just stick the guy RB if he's going to play anywhere or even CB, can't get worse than Collins can it?

YES

Any position Heskey plays in makes matters worse.

He'd be a better full back than midfielder, attacker. Sadly, I'm not even joking. Whenever he plays, his best attributes seem to be from a defensive out look. Might as well just stick the guy RB if he's going to play anywhere or even CB, can't get worse than Collins can it?

YES

Any position Heskey plays in makes matters worse.

Exactly and knowing our luck he would end up playing alongside Collins not instead of him!

We already have Cuellar and Clark (plus potentially Baker) if McUseless can't work out that any of these are better than Heskey or Collins at the back then maybe he needs to go ask SAF what to do!

I thought he was our "best" player last night

As you have not put a question mark at the end of your sentance Rich, im guessing thats your opinion. Let's just say i disagree.

Yes, i has the enthusiasm which has never been questioned, but for me he is not technically gifted and nowhere near athletic enough to cope with the pace at which today's game is played at.

No room for sentiment in this game, been a decent servent but needs to moved on at the end of the season, and should'nt be anywhere near the 1st team.

Â