Emile Heskey

R.Bear

Why does it feel like we've had him since Villa began in 1874? Why do we insist of reducing the wage bill by selling our best players, but make no effort of trying to flog him who's undeservedly one of our highest earners?

It would truly be it for me if we gave him an extended contract.

Because other teams aren't stupid and they want to buy our best players instead of our crap ones? Also, we make a profit when we sell the good players, we'd have a hard time breaking even trying to sell Emile.

Although, I have often thought that offering him on a cut-price deal to a Championship club just to get him off the wage list would be a good idea, but I guess Ivanhoe wouldn't fancy a paycut if he didn't have to take one.

Would it really be it if for you if we gave Heskey a longer contract? Or are you just being a little over-dramatic? Support the club through thick and thin is what I say.

I think it was pretty much towards the second half of Houllier's reign, he just took up the torch when no-one else would. He probably looked better by comparison since Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Gabby and some others were being pretty dire.

I won't take it away from him though, he did play well back then.

Am I alone in thinking we might as well hold on to him now?

Most probably yes you are !

Tell me the alternative, remembering our much vaunted managers tactical ability.

Gabby and Bent as the main two and Fonz and Weimann as back up and would get more chances.

Ireland and N'zogbia could also play off a front man if we really needed to.

Yes, I agree.

But is that what you think McLeish will do?

He did yesterday.

Hopefully Heskey won't start another game all season, we have so much fluency when he isn't treading on the ball and shooting at the corner flag it's ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

considering weve got him till july anyway as he wont be going anywhere now hes injured for the next 4 weeks, whats the best use for him?

rot in the reserves and hopefully he teaches the kids a thing or 2? (when fit of course)

clean the other players boots?

wash randys car?

glass collect in the holte pub?

considering weve got him till july anyway as he wont be going anywhere now hes injured for the next 4 weeks, whats the best use for him?

rot in the reserves and hopefully he teaches the kids a thing or 2? (when fit of course)

clean the other players boots?

wash randys car?

glass collect in the holte pub?

Door stop? :lol:

Â