Emile Heskey

R.Bear

so where does this leave the club?

a 30+ yr old striker who doesnt know where the goals are, his shorts have seen more of the pitch than his boots have, hes on a stupid amount of money, hes worth nothing, nobody is going to want him, what do we do with him?

Take him outside and shoot him for all I give a shite. He is fecking useless. Doesnt provide service for other strikers, and certainly never finds the net.

As others have stated, his primary job is to score goals or at least set up a few. All I ever see him do is look like he is going to cry and sitting on his ar$e. (ands some people want bent sold because he hasnt scored enough this season......meh)

The sooner we manage to get him off the books the better imo.

One of the worst players in Villa history.....ever!

Heskey's status as a regular England striker when we signed him and also the fact it was his last big contract got him the 60k a week sadly.

The big problem, and one I stated at the time when he signed, was giving him a sodding 3 and a half year contract. Just like Habib Beye, far too long a deal for a 31 year old which he was when he signed.

If we'd given him a 2 and a half year deal, he could've been unloaded in the summer.

Really hoping MON tries to get Heskey as big man for Sunderland. They're linking him with Zamora, but we'd probably sell Heskey for £1m given his age and six months left on his contract.

Id let him go for nothing in january, that would be saving us 1/4 mill a month on wages alone. Add that up for the time he has left on his contract and its a substantal amount of money saved on a player that offers us nothing in return.

so where does this leave the club?

a 30+ yr old striker who doesnt know where the goals are, his shorts have seen more of the pitch than his boots have, hes on a stupid amount of money, hes worth nothing, nobody is going to want him, what do we do with him?

Take him outside and shoot him for all I give a shite. He is fecking useless. Doesnt provide service for other strikers, and certainly never finds the net.

As others have stated, his primary job is to score goals or at least set up a few. All I ever see him do is look like he is going to cry and sitting on his ar$e. (ands some people want bent sold because he hasnt scored enough this season......meh)

The sooner we manage to get him off the books the better imo.

One of the worst players in Villa history.....ever!

^ This.

The scariest thing is that McLeish may well offer him a new contract!

for £60k per week we should be expecting a hatrick every game

it takes me 5 years to earn what he earns in one week, and i work 55 hr weeks nonstop with no lunchbreaks to provide for my family, and even i could do what heskey does, but would still probably do a better job of it

what a joke!

Appears you are being paid less than the minimum wage?

Am I alone in thinking we might as well hold on to him now? Lets face it we're unlikely to replace him in Jan even if we did get shot of his wages and I wouldn't trust McLeish to do anything decent in the market anyway. On top of which, well, I think he's played well this season.

McLeish is asking him to do a particular job, namely win flick-ons in the center of the park. Now unless McLeish stops employing this tactic altogether, who else do we have to do that job? Would you trust him to find somebody to do a better job in the transfer market?

well according to our much loved leader

" heskey is the new beckenbauer"

Exactly. This is a man who blew £6m on Nicola Zigic.

Better the devil you know. I'd rather he (Eck) didn't spend any money this January, did just enough to keep us up and **** off in the summer.

Am I alone in thinking we might as well hold on to him now? Lets face it we're unlikely to replace him in Jan even if we did get shot of his wages and I wouldn't trust McLeish to do anything decent in the market anyway. On top of which, well, I think he's played well this season.

McLeish is asking him to do a particular job, namely win flick-ons in the center of the park. Now unless McLeish stops employing this tactic altogether, who else do we have to do that job? Would you trust him to find somebody to do a better job in the transfer market?

Probably. I quite like Heskey but he can only play one role as far as I am concerned i.e. as point striker with others (like Owen and Rooney) working off him and the space that he created. We just do not possess that type of player and we have two players in Gabby and Bent that are more productive in that role than him. I would sell him, create the wage capacity and give the Fonz and Wieman a chance.

for £60k per week we should be expecting a hatrick every game

it takes me 5 years to earn what he earns in one week, and i work 55 hr weeks nonstop with no lunchbreaks to provide for my family, and even i could do what heskey does, but would still probably do a better job of it

what a joke!

Appears you are being paid less than the minimum wage?

To be fair I'd be mad an Emile Heskey too if I was only earning $5 an hour.

what i earn isnt important (yes i am in minimum wage) what is important is that a striker is the highest earner at the club and he does nothing, he contributes nothing

for the wages he is on, we could have a better striker and another player on the same amount, and we would be better off, why is it so wrong on here to want value for money? heskey is not value for money, my original post was a bold statement in what we should expect for that kind on money

just out of curiousity, does anybody on here have the information of the highest earners in the team? im guessing heskey, petrov and bent are amongst the highest, yet we need bent and petrov, so how do we get round that?

Â