dudevillaisnice

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2021 at 05:48, VillaAlex said:

James is training alone too.

Had to chuckle in some webchat he did he had no idea who Everton were playing yesterday. Can understand why Rafa wants shot of him, simply not interested in them now Ancelotti isn't there.

MLS awaits you suspect.

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Had to chuckle in some webchat he did he had no idea who Everton were playing yesterday. Can understand why Rafa wants shot of him, simply not interested in them now Ancelotti isn't there.

MLS awaits you suspect.

Meant to be on £220k a week. Can't even be bothered to find out who they are playing. Mercenary. 

1 hour ago, Jono62 said:

Gray bargain on the season so far. 

Absolutely. What does £1.5m get you nowadays. He's pretty much repaid his fee already!

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Well well well, Rafa doing it yet again it appears. 4th place so far with an average squad and his signings this season done on a shoestring budget!

It will be very interesting to see how Everton finish under him this season. 👀

Dyche been at the job for absolute ages. Rafa just arrived.

The importance of longevity is a thing of the past. And a highly overrated concept.

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Dyche been at the job for absolute ages. Rafa just arrived.

The importance of longevity is a thing of the past. And a highly overrated concept.

I'm not a fan of Dyche's style, but this is unfair on him. He's got a poor squad, had very little investment in a team that has repeatedly finished bottom half and for long periods of last season looked like relegation candidates. He has a level though imho.

He's done exceptionally well for Burnley. I don't think many others managers would have done the same over such a long period.

The point about manager longevity is highly debated though. Quick turnover works for Chelsea, but not so much for Utd or Arsenal. Very much depends on the club. In Burnley's example, I think they'd drop like a stone without Dyche.

• Like 3

Â