dudevillaisnice

22 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I'm not a fan of Dyche's style, but this is unfair on him. He's got a poor squad, had very little investment in a team that has repeatedly finished bottom half and for long periods of last season looked like relegation candidates. He has a level though imho.

He's done exceptionally well for Burnley. I don't think many others managers would have done the same over such a long period.

The point about manager longevity is highly debated though. Quick turnover works for Chelsea, but not so much for Utd or Arsenal. Very much depends on the club. In Burnley's example, I think they'd drop like a stone without Dyche.

How far can Dyche's style of play take you though. Regardless of what players you have?

Longevity means absolutely nothing if you ain't got a world class system and patterns of play.

Like I said longevity is a real outdated concept. Sean Dyche can only take you midtable at best regardless if you give him 1 or 30 years.

3 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Is midtable at best the worst thing in today's premier league, especially for a club like Burnley? I'm not dismissing them as a small club, more being realistic based on their finances, resources, and level of support globally.

I'm sure there's 72 clubs in the lower leagues that would love to finish midtable in the prem, and probably 12 in the prem too.

Again, not saying I'm a fan of his, but I do respect what's he's done and continues to do.

Burnley for the size of club are  massively over achieving and that is solely down to Dyche. They haven't even spent large amounts to solidify them as a PL team. 

Everton are about right (amongst best of the rest).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Well well well, Rafa doing it yet again it appears. 4th place so far with an average squad and his signings this season done on a shoestring budget!

It will be very interesting to see how Everton finish under him this season. 👀

Let's not get too excited.  They started last season in the same manner.

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

If it can keep them in the premier league then he’ll have a job for life I assume. 

I dont think people realise for how many clubs that is all that matters

its the not turning up in the cups that would then piss me off

turning it back to everton, QPR away in the next round of the league cup, they are a team that should be going hell for leather for it and if they ever do what they should which is remove the european qualified teams form the league cup then it would be us vs everton that i would earmark at the start of the competition, that'll never happen though, they'll bin the competition off before a game of full strength villa vs everton rather than the B teams of utd vs liverpool - everton have had 1 appearance at new wembley 13 years ago, thats not good enough

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Everton fans where I am are doing my head in going on about Rafa being a genius and how they are going to thrash us this weekend. We  better beat them 🤣

can't stand everton fans. definitely the worst half of that city...i know i'm in the minority but whenever i've spoken to genuine liverpool fans i've found them to be sound. never met an everton fan i've liked though...t*ssers the lot of them. gotta win saturday

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Everton fans where I am are doing my head in going on about Rafa being a genius and how they are going to thrash us this weekend. We  better beat them 🤣

the same Everton fans sending him death threatds a few weeks back?

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

can't stand everton fans. definitely the worst half of that city...i know i'm in the minority but whenever i've spoken to genuine liverpool fans i've found them to be sound. never met an everton fan i've liked though...t*ssers the lot of them. gotta win saturday

from my limited experience of meeting Liverpool fans from Liverpool they are OK. Its the ones from elsewhere that really annoy me...it could be the same for United but I never met one from Manchester

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

I like Everton, always have done . One of the true great English clubs and I think their fan base is second to none . 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Its just banter 

Â