dudevillaisnice

Yes, I can see Everton having similar problems to us afer MON left.

The current players there are all Moyes and a new manager will not have much money to rebuild a team in their image. They could be in for a few rough years of transition.

I can't believe Whelan giving it the 'Everton aren't a top European club' bollocks about Martinez. Utterly disrespectful.

While we were battling relegation, you can see why he could get away with saying Martinez is too big for us. But Everton have been pushing for European places for years consistently, and haven't flirted with relegation for a while now.

I'm sure Martinez sees things a little differently to Whelan.

Its not a suprise but does anyone else think United are behaving like prats? Why the rush?  They could take about  3 weeks  over this, and still have the new manager well over a month before pre season starts.Obviously they want him to leave Everton now, whereas quite rightly they want him to see out the season. All the media coverage is so skewed to United, its ridiculous.

I think they're doign it now to give him a send off.

But the announcement came because the story was leaked. Quite possible they wanted to save it

Its not a suprise but does anyone else think United are behaving like prats? Why the rush?  They could take about  3 weeks  over this, and still have the new manager well over a month before pre season starts.Obviously they want him to leave Everton now, whereas quite rightly they want him to see out the season. All the media coverage is so skewed to United, its ridiculous.

The shares fell 5% and that's the Glazers' priority, possibly.

United or rather the Glaziers are being driven by the share price, its already fallen considerably since the news broke, they need to get someone in to steady the ship. at the end of the day its not about football ... its just business

Here you go

Everton can confirm that David Moyes will leave the Club at the end of the season.

The Manager met Chairman Bill Kenwright early yesterday evening (Wednesday 8th May) and confirmed his desire to join Manchester United.

The Chairman, on behalf of the Club, would like to place on record his thanks to David for the massive contribution he has made to Everton since his arrival in March 2002. He has been an outstanding Manager.

During his tenure at Goodison Park, David has taken charge of the team on over 500 occasions including four European campaigns.

His final two games as Everton Manager will be the remaining Premier League matches against West Ham United and Chelsea.

Everton officials will start the search for a replacement manager immediately.

Its not a suprise but does anyone else think United are behaving like prats? Why the rush? They could take about 3 weeks over this, and still have the new manager well over a month before pre season starts.Obviously they want him to leave Everton now, whereas quite rightly they want him to see out the season. All the media coverage is so skewed to United, its ridiculous.

i heard the stock exchange rules means that they have to respond to speculation rather than let it build, there was a rumour that fergie wasnt going to make the announcement until today but the telegraph broke the story so they had to go early, they cant let the media run wild with moyes stories for 3 weeks, they have to confirm / deny them

Who does Mark Hughes think he is saying he'd be interested in the Everton job :crylaugh:

He's been living off one good season by Santa Cruz for a while now

Hughes' career has been backwards. He started as a good international manager then went and did well at a Premier League club and it was all downhill from there. It's like he has been unlearning as he goes, while all the while sliding down the football ladder.

They have to by law because they're floated on the stock market

i think united will still be one of the top teams in the league but they will not be as dominant as they ahve been over last 20 years in my view

power is going to shift to chelsea/city and arsenal. arsenal are absolutely loaded, if they start spending i can see them being a real force

Â