dudevillaisnice

A huge problem Everton face is the lack of compo they'll get for Moyes. That in itself rules out Martinez and Laudrup as Kenwright won't have the money to poach a manager.

It also means that Wigan won't sack Martinez even if they do go down

They will probably get a big wedge for Fellini and there is the new TV money to consider as well.

They get a big wedge for someone most seasons, it doesn't stop them being skint. Every one gets the TV money so its no real advantage until the end of the season when the prize money is allocated

Why are Everton so broke? They get decent crowds, TV money and transfer fees. I know they had financial troubles in the 1990s, are they carrying legacy debts from that or what?

They are running on just the money they generate in turnover but in this league you need to have a sugar daddy propping up the losses (like we do) unless you have a very good manager (like they did). 

Just got one of those friend of a friend texts basically a neighbour of mine now in Dublin is working with a lad who knows someone in the scouting department at Everton and he has said that the appointment will be internal as Kenwright can't afford to pay compensation.

It might be for the best if they promote from within. If a new chap comes in, I don't think Everton can afford 2 - 3 seasons of transition, both financially and in terms of league form. It will only take a few of their key players to leave (which I expect will happen this summer) for them to be, well, another Villa, but at least we had money to splash when shit hit the fan. Everton don't have that insurance.

If they were going to promote from within they would have announced it by now.

I think it is safe to assume that won't be the case. They will appoint from outside the club and if they can't afford compensation they will go for someone out of work.

I still expect it to be Martinez though.

This management thing is a closed shop. Same old managers being recycled. I hope someone new gets a chance, but it is unlikely.

5-10 years ago maybe but not really anymore. Except Pardew and maybe Bruce next season I would say all other Premier League managers arent in the recycled group.

who would imagine 3 years ago Di Canio, Laudrup, Lambert, Pochettino, Clarke or Malky Mackey be Premier League mangers at same time

This management thing is a closed shop. Same old managers being recycled. I hope someone new gets a chance, but it is unlikely.

It could happen yet. That was how David Moyes got his chance after all.

"I have got people in mind," Kenwright told The People. "A lot of those mentioned are not too far away.

"Everton have got a type, it's a very hard working industrial football club."

5-10 years ago maybe but not really anymore. Except Pardew and maybe Bruce next season I would say all other Premier League managers arent in the recycled group.

who would imagine 3 years ago Di Canio, Laudrup, Lambert, Pochettino, Clarke or Malky Mackey be Premier League mangers at same time

I am happy with Lambert, but he is not someone new being given a chance. He has had previous management jobs in this country, and Laudrup has abroad. I look at the likes of Allardyce, Pardew, O Neill, Benitez, Redknapp, Holloway, Bruce, Hughton, Mccarthy etc etc just going from one job to another to another, swapping jobs etc. 

"I have got people in mind," Kenwright told The People. "A lot of those mentioned are not too far away.

"Everton have got a type, it's a very hard working industrial football club."

I suspect McLeish will be telling the misses to pack for a long weekend and dusting off his CV again.

• Like 3

IMO if they appoint internally they could go the same way as Boro did when they appointed Southgate. O.k maybe not relegated within two years but given how imo they've overachieved under Moyes and there isn't a huge kitty available then that would be very tough for anyone new to football management.

Another comparison would be Bolton comically appointing Sammy Lee from within after Big Sam left.

Another point would be Everton actually have a decent number of 30 year olds in their squad so going to have to be a player turnover at some point.

"I have got people in mind," Kenwright told The People. "A lot of those mentioned are not too far away."Everton have got a type, it's a very hard working industrial football club."

I suspect McLeish will be telling the misses to pack for a long weekend and dusting off his CV again.

at Wigan maybe

Big Dunc Ferguson. Howard Kendall was on sky earlier saying how rated and respected Dunc is and that he wouldn't be surprised if sooner or later he took a first team job. He is already youth manager at everton so could do the step up

So that leaked new crest of theirs was real. And they absolutely **** hate it.

Polls on their fan sites have it at something like a 0.5% approval rating.

Just a thought, we got our crest changed at the same time as we got our deal with Nike, if I'm not mistaken?

The same thing has happened with Everton, and I understand that Man City's badge has also been changed (though not as dramatically) and they've also gone to Nike.

In fact, thinking about it, didn't Arsenal do the same years back. I'd have to check but was that around the same time they went to Nike?

Is it possible that Nike insist that clubs alter their crests for some reason? Or just a coincidence?

Â