dudevillaisnice

Everton have made Laudrup their top target for new manager apparently. Not sure whether he'll leave at the moment or not, he seems very happy at Swansea and I don't think Everton are enough of a step up for him, but then he did say he wasn't interested in managing a big club yet (when he was linked to Real Madrid) so perhaps a small step would suit him?

If that happens, I think Martinez back to Swansea may be on the cards.

One of my mates at the running club is an Everton fan (ST holder), and he's a good bloke, so I wish them well. Just below us will be OK.

Someone put Dave Whelan into an old persons home. The guy is clearly on some sort of loopy pills claiming us and Everton aren't big enough for Martinez. Because someone who is managing a club with half a filled stadium and finishing 17th every season should definitely be barca's next manager.... >__>

However in saying that typing in 'Dave Whelan' on twitter and scrolling down the raging everton fans is absolutely priceless.

I knew it wouldn't be long until our old mate piped up

Dave Whelan: Martinez is too big for Everton

Whelan would declare that Martinez is too big for Manchester United if they came in for him.   In fact, if Earth had a game of football against Mars and the losing team had their planet blown up by the Death Star then it probably wouldn't be long before Dave Whelan was on Sky Sports News declaring that the Martinez was too big for the job. 

Dave Whelan left his last FA Cup final with a broken leg..... I hope he leaves his next one with a broken heart.

He literally cannot **** off far or fast enough for my liking.

Interesting to see Everton's hunt for a new manager, as I see them as having similar pulling power to ourselves in that department. Their fans may be surprised that it's not as easy as you think to attract a big name just because you were big in the 80s.

I think whoever goes there it will be very difficult for them, as I see Fellaini and Baines following Moyes out the door, leaving a set of fans expecting top 6/8 becoming quickly disgruntled by being mid-table at best.

Fergie retires = Moyes to Man Utd = Martinez to Everton = Wigan appoint a manager to firmly cement them in the Championship.

Man Utd = the next Liverpool

Everton = the next Villa

Wigan = the next 'who cares'

.... Villa = the next Spurs? Just by replacing Everton in the top half, and building a team with Lambert's excellent guidance?!

:D

• Like 2

Â