dudevillaisnice

baines can't defend for shit. luke young is far more solid.

He's a far better defender than people give him credit for.

Baines was brought up a Liverpool fan by his dad but didn't really care. When he was a teenager his cousin dragged him along to Everton games and they used to sneak in after kick off to watch for free, made him Everton fan. Simple as that.

Excellent left back, him and Enrique are my favourite two left backs, outside of Cole/Evra.

Not what you said last year... :winkold:

Last year, I would have argued for Warnock as I do believe he was all round the marginally better player than Baines. However as I said on the last page, Baines has really worked to improve himself and has matured and now has the most completed crosses in the league (correct me if I'm wrong.)

Warnock on the other hand appeared to go into a sulk and lashed out at the club and will be playing for a team like Stoke next year whereas Baines is being linked with Bayern München and the like.

Thats why Baines is a better player than Warnock, who is a grade-A dick.

• 10 months later...

have a bit of a soft spot for everton. i would say they are the club in teh league that is most similar to us. a sleeping giant.

i am really suprised no billionaire has tried buying them, they ahve so much potential

have a bit of a soft spot for everton. i would say they are the club in teh league that is most similar to us. a sleeping giant.

i am really suprised no billionaire has tried buying them, they ahve so much potential

I think it's just the ground which is holding them back.

Id say the fact that any investors would have to pump £400million into it to get anywhere near the top of the league is what's holding them back. With man city spunking money, man its will always be strong, Liverpool will always hover near the top, then a strong tottenham, chelsea, arsenal. It's hard to get into the top six, so who would want to spend silly money getting midsized club into the upper echelons of the league.

Id say the fact that any investors would have to pump £400million into it to get anywhere near the top of the league is what's holding them back. With man city spunking money, man its will always be strong, Liverpool will always hover near the top, then a strong tottenham, chelsea, arsenal. It's hard to get into the top six, so who would want to spend silly money getting midsized club into the upper echelons of the league.

Wel I guess it depends how much money said investor has really, doesnt it?

I'm not so sure it would cost £400m to start pushing for the Champions League. If I were an investor i'd develop all the facilities, bring in a lot of Spanish coaches to coach youth level, and change the club from the bottom up in the same way Swansea have done. You have to invest in time really, it could take 10years for it all to click, but when it did you could have a impeccable group of youth players coming through, and with the right manager you could get some decent players relatively cheaply.

If Villa were to take this approach now i'd be well happy to wait 5-10 years to see it come through. It would be feel like there's a plan working.

That's the only way to get near the top four without doing a Man City to be honest. Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool are there for the taking still IMO.

Baines was brought up a Liverpool fan by his dad but didn't really care. When he was a teenager his cousin dragged him along to Everton games and they used to sneak in after kick off to watch for free, made him Everton fan. Simple as that.

People from Liverpool breaking the law, that's a shocker!

I'm not so sure it would cost £400m to start pushing for the Champions League. If I were an investor i'd develop all the facilities, bring in a lot of Spanish coaches to coach youth level, and change the club from the bottom up in the same way Swansea have done. You have to invest in time really, it could take 10years for it all to click, but when it did you could have a impeccable group of youth players coming through, and with the right manager you could get some decent players relatively cheaply.

If Villa were to take this approach now i'd be well happy to wait 5-10 years to see it come through. It would be feel like there's a plan working.

Of course, and that is the very sensible thing to do. However, not a single investor, die hard fan or plain capitalist, would be content with that. If you invest in football you know that dividends will be absent and thrills always around the corner. You simply buy into excitement, thus the instant need for the team to become better. A ten year horizon in football is a lifetime in finance so to speak.

That is ridiculous. They will have to leave Liverpool city centre at about 6 in the morning if they are going by train.

What has happened to Arteteasgirl on these forums? I guess as Villa and Everton are not on the same level anymore, she has lost interest with us as a club.

Â