dudevillaisnice

Everton will fall apart next year.

Fellaini will go, but I do think Baines will stay as no one will want to pay £16m+ for a 28 (29 in Dec) year old left back.

Always had a soft spot for Everton. It really is what it claims to be, a club of the people. They have a great set of fan's & i'm sorry that they're potentially losing a great Manager in DM.

All is not lost however because looking into my crystal ball I believe Mon will be the perfect fit for them & that's who I expect to be their next manager.

The similarities between Everton's style under DM & ours under Mon are remarkable to say the least. I know Mon is  controversial among Villa supporters but I was always in favour of him! Always.

I genuinely wish Everton Good Luck & may they only ever finish 2nd when they are up against us.

Always had a soft spot for Everton. It really is what it claims to be, a club of the people. They have a great set of fan's & i'm sorry that they're potentially losing a great Manager in DM.

All is not lost however because looking into my crystal ball I believe Mon will be the perfect fit for them & that's who I expect to be their next manager.

The similarities between Everton's style under DM & ours under Mon are remarkable to say the least. I know Mon is  controversial among Villa supporters but I was always in favour of him! Always.

I genuinely wish Everton Good Luck & may they only ever finish 2nd when they are up against us.

How can you say you like Everton and then say you want O'Neill to manage them? :lol:

Villa = Everton = Spurs = Newcastle

What on earth does this mean?

Think he means in terms of stature or status then the clubs listed are somewhat equal? Wouldn't agree myself, Spurs are streets ahead of Villa and the other 2 clubs.

Think he means in terms of stature or status then the clubs listed are somewhat equal? Wouldn't agree myself, Spurs are streets ahead of Villa and the other 2 clubs.

Currently perhaps, potentially he'd be right. If that's what he meant, though I'm still not sure of it's relevance to this thread.  

Spurs are streets ahead right now but I think they will fall back under AVB. I think it is a fair assessment that the 4 teams listed are currently on a potential as to what they can realistically achieve. ie 5th at best given the financial clout of the current big 4.

Spurs are streets ahead right now but I think they will fall back under AVB. I think it is a fair assessment that the 4 teams listed are currently on a potential as to what they can realistically achieve. ie 5th at best given the financial clout of the current big 4.

I don't, I think AVB is an excellent young manager and given time and funds he'll keep them there or thereabouts. They were good pre Bale and will be post Bale. 

Spurs > Newcastle > Villa = Everton

GTFO

I don't, I think AVB is an excellent young manager and given time and funds he'll keep them there or thereabouts. They were good pre Bale and will be post Bale. 

GTFO

No. AVB is definitely not upto it. Redknob left spuds in 4th position (a remarkable achievement given the resources of the top 4) & for me under AVB they will implode big style next season when it all goes pear shaped. Everton may well struggle dependent upon who gets the job although I think they will be more than okay if it turns out to be mon as I expect.

Newcastle always flatter to decieve & are definitely 8th place versus top 4 Villa Spuds & Everton.

Under Lambo no 5 I am expecting Villa to come back with a mighty roar as I am certain he will unlock our latent potential. No question.

I think it will probably be Martinez. I guess next season will see how well Moyes did at the club. If they carry on as a top 8 club, and play better football then he did quite well. If they fall apart and drop to lower mid table, then I guess Moyes has made Everton punch well above their weight. To be frank Goodison is falling apart. When I went up a few yrs ago, the steward said that the Bullens stand may struggle to get its safety certificate in a few years time.  Half the ground is over 75 years old. They make barely 800k per matchday, about a quarter of Man United. Liverpool will always be bigger than them in the city, and coupled with Man City cash, they are at best the 4th biggest team in the North West. Although they havent spent huge amounts, there are a lot of ageing players on good wages. Debt is increasing and there is no new owner coming along. There appears no chance of a new ground and revedevelopment of Goodison looks tricky. This could be a interesting few years for them.

I think it will probably be Martinez. I guess next season will see how well Moyes did at the club. If they carry on as a top 8 club, and play better football then he did quite well. If they fall apart and drop to lower mid table, then I guess Moyes has made Everton punch well above their weight. To be frank Goodison is falling apart. When I went up a few yrs ago, the steward said that the Bullens stand may struggle to get its safety certificate in a few years time.  Half the ground is over 75 years old. They make barely 800k per matchday, about a quarter of Man United. Liverpool will always be bigger than them in the city, and coupled with Man City cash, they are at best the 4th biggest team in the North West. Although they havent spent huge amounts, there are a lot of ageing players on good wages. Debt is increasing and there is no new owner coming along. There appears no chance of a new ground and revedevelopment of Goodison looks tricky. This could be a interesting few years for them.

How damaged will Martinez's stock be though if Wigan go down as now looks likely? Incidentally, There was a rumour in the National press a few weeks ago strongly linking Malky Mackay with the Everton Job too!

Martin O'Neill can't manage Everton. A club with notoriously tight purse strings and a manager who has a 'throw enough shit and some of it sticks' mentality in the transfer market.

First thing MON would do is sell Fellaini and Baines and spend the money on Cuellar, Gardner, someone from Celtic and double the wages of other club's bench players to tempt them into his bench. 

• Like 1

Â