dudevillaisnice

They would be absolutely stupid to sack him. Given what he as had to work with in terms of money no one could have done any better. If anything he made a rod for his own back by over achieving in previous seasons.

If they do sack him I'd drive up to Goodison and pick him up and get him down to VP as I'd love him to be our manager and he'd do a fantastic job for us. Be a great fit.

i have just took a gamble on beckford in my fantasy team due to the fact that everton have two fixtures this gameweek, however i hear he turned up late for the reading game so may be in the bad bucks. Big big gamble :P

Should have gone with Sturridge instead.

Everton may have 2 games this week but no Cahill and no Fellaini, Saha a doubt and Beckford sulking/not being THAT good will see Everton struggling to score I think. I put Coleman in mine, he gets forward and I think there's a good chance of them holding out for at least one clean sheet.

Everton are finishing the season as they normally do, and they will finish top half, but their lack of depth and lack of REAL quality beyond a couple of players is really starting to show more than it usually does.

Them relying on Beckford for goals is like us relying on Delfouneso. Yes, he may get a couple of goals in succession and may look real quality, but if it's a high pressure game you can't rely on him to take chances.

• 1 month later...
H2H - Clichy v Baines Tackles 105-77 Success Rate 80%-73% Conceded/game 0.93-1.24 Interceptions 95-40 - Baines better going forward. Edged.

32% - Leighton Baines has now scored (4) or assisted (11) 32% of Everton's PL goals (15/47) so far this season. Fundamental.

59 - Leighton Baines has made more successful crosses than any other player in the Premier League this season. Swinger.

I really hope we give Everton any money for Leighton in the summer. He needs to lock down an England place in the next 12 months and clearly isn't doing it at Everton (no idea why, cause they are a good club and on a level with us).

I just hope the fact so many of our players get called up for England - Despite our form somehow this season - might sway him.

Everton will sell for the right price imo they will want to rebuild some of their squad over the summer too, they certainly wouldnt want to lose him but as with Darren Bent, who cares? happens to us e-****-nough :lol:

£10m to Liverpool has been touted around (obviously he'd be crucified for this), reckon we'd get him for £15m and would be worth every penny.

Wanted to talk about him but no idea where to put it lol.

I honestly think Baines+Young (if we could keep him) or even Baines+Downing would be one of the best left sided partnerships in the prem, i would love to see Young+Baines on the Left and Walker+Downing on the Right

id need a change of pants.

if the threads go back that far , you should have seen the reaction when we were linked with him whilst he was at Wigan

the general consensus was we needed better ..it could be that Moyes has turned him into a better player than he was but a few left backs latter at Villa park we don't seem to have got that "better" player we felt we should have

Baines would never join Villa. Forget about it.

He rejected bayern Munich to stay at Everton and is a lifelong Everton fan.

Just like if Gabby was playing out of his skin, would he then move to Tottenham? I don't think so.

if the threads go back that far , you should have seen the reaction when we were linked with him whilst he was at Wigan

the general consensus was we needed better ..it could be that Moyes has turned him into a better player than he was but a few left backs latter at Villa park we don't seem to have got that "better" player we felt we should have

I think you only need to go back in this thread and the discussion we had about Baines and Warnock and who was the better left back. I'm guilty as charged for thinking Warnock was the better one.

I think you only need to go back in this thread and the discussion we had about Baines and Warnock and who was the better left back. I'm guilty as charged for thinking Warnock was the better one.

I'll hold my hand up to that one too.

Oh how silly we look now.

I'll hold my hand up to that one too.

Oh how silly we look now.

Yep think I said something similar, well said Warnock was better defensively, Baines better going forward. Although it's easy to hindsight after Warnock goes completely off the boil after a good first 6 months.

At the time he was so I'd say you were correct at the time, that it is no longer the case doesn't detract from the accuracy of the statement back then. In my view anyway.

This just in. Baines was a Liverpool fan as a kid. Thats what some of them are saying on GOT anyway.

Can I go about wishing us to sign him again now?

edit: nvm theres an excerpt from an interview, he was a Liverpudlian for a while, lost interest in football, liked Blackburn Rovers but has been an Evertonian since 14.

...no loyalty, sign him up ;)

Â