Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

More chance of Torres going to Liverpool on loan.

Bent left after his mother was racially abused, he was getting abuse for a poor spell despite being their best player, and we came in with more money.

MON could have signed him for £12m here but wouldn't. Lerner would ask for a profit on the fee he paid so O'Neill would have to come in with an offer of more than £25m. That is not going to happen and the "football being football you never know", is nonsense.

Throw in the fact Sunderland are working within financial restrictions which is why they accepted the £24m offer in the first place, AND that Bent was given dogs abuse when he returned, he will be going no where north.

If he was going somewhere I'd imagine it would be to Turkey.

if your going to post like something is a fact, maybe getting basics like the transfer fee correct ?

Bent left after his mother was racially abused, he was getting abuse for a poor spell despite being their best player, and we came in with more money.

MON could have signed him for £12m here but wouldn't. Lerner would ask for a profit on the fee he paid so O'Neill would have to come in with an offer of more than £25m. That is not going to happen and the "football being football you never know", is nonsense.

Throw in the fact Sunderland are working within financial restrictions which is why they accepted the £24m offer in the first place, AND that Bent was given dogs abuse when he returned, he will be going no where north.

So Bent in part left Sunderland because his mum was racially abused and you think he is going to go to Turkey? :D

if your going to post like something is a fact, maybe getting basics like the transfer fee correct ?

And where exactly did I insinuate that what I said was fact? Howver:

-MON could have signed him for £12m - Fact

-He was abused on Sunderland forums and mentioned it on his Twitter - Fact

-His mum was racially abused by Sunderland fans - Fact

-He was given more money here - Fact

-He was abused on his return to Stadium Of Light - Fact

-Sunderland fans openly admit he was interested in a move to Turkey whilst there - Fact

So, yeah, you were saying? :yawn:

And as for the Bent fee, yes it potentially rises to £24m.

So Bent in part left Sunderland because his mum was racially abused and you think he is going to go to Turkey?

Plenty of black players play in Russia one of the most racist leagues in the world, if not the most racist. Money talks in football. Black players are subjected to monkey noises and bannanas being thrown at them - Roberto Carlos, Vagner Love, Eto'o, yet they still keep going over for ££££.

And where exactly did I insinuate that what I said was fact? Howver:

-MON could have signed him for £12m - Fact

-He was abused on Sunderland forums and mentioned it on his Twitter - Fact

-His mum was racially abused by Sunderland fans - Fact

-He was given more money here - Fact

-He was abused on his return to Stadium Of Light - Fact

-Sunderland fans openly admit he was interested in a move to Turkey whilst there - Fact

So, yeah, you were saying? :yawn:

And as for the Bent fee, yes it potentially rises to £24m.

to make it easy for you i have highlighted each and every statement you worded as a fact which is not but actually just your thoughts

:crylaugh:

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this. Darren features in the regular Sunday Times Magazine feature 'A life in the day' today. (11.12.11 p.82).

The article gves some insight into his daily life since he joined Villa. People talk about him moving on but clearly the proximity of his family (mother) in Huntingdon, which he describes as visiting '2 or 3 times a week' (an hour drive he says); is a key factor in his current life. He may not find other clubs as convenient.

He does say that he is playing for a great team - and loving it. Probably he would, wouldn't he? But somehow I don't see him moving on this side of the Euros anyway.

He reminds me of Andy Cole.

Doesn't do much & can take 5 chances to score.

I just can't warm to the bloke like I have with other players, but at the moment I'm struggling to do that with anyone in our squad.

I don't think he'll go anywhere.

He's not 'superstar' enough for Man City.

Can't see Wenger spending £20m+.

Liverpool? Possibly, but surely 'King Kenny' has spunked enough without much return.

QPR? More chance of them going for Zamora, Andrew Johnson or Defoe.

Sunderland? That would be funny.

He's undoubtedly on a run of terrible form. I just hope that's all it is, form, rather than Darren deciding he's had enough again.

I'd keep him in the team for now, but if he carries on in the same manner beyond Christmas then I'd think seriously about dropping him to the bench for a couple of weeks.

Thats all it is...form.

The one thing that has escaped notice, though, is that he has actually been in the position To score. He has'nt gone missing, been found constantly out of position or shown any signs of not wanting the ball. He is where he should be, in or around the box and is basically doing exactly what we all wanted to buy him for.....he's a target.

Of course, if he is'nt finding the net, then that is his fault, be it from lack of form, confidence or more likely regular supply. But thats all it is.

He's undoubtedly on a run of terrible form. I just hope that's all it is, form, rather than Darren deciding he's had enough again.

I'd keep him in the team for now, but if he carries on in the same manner beyond Christmas then I'd think seriously about dropping him to the bench for a couple of weeks.

He is the best number 9 we have had in years. I have been going to villa for 24 years and he is the best finisher we have ever had. He is just a bit off form which has been more to do with the shit football McLeish has been serving up this season.

As soon as we get a better manager who plays better football we will not see the best of Bent.

He is the best number 9 we have had in years. I have been going to villa for 24 years and he is the best finisher we have ever had. He is just a bit off form which has been more to do with the shit football McLeish has been serving up this season.

As soon as we get a better manager who plays better football we will not see the best of Bent.

agree

although he isnt scoring and he is in position he is still more often than not finding the target, last ditch tackles and good saves have also played their part.

best finisher since dwight yorke and dean saunders

His goals will come in the right time just when they will be needed. Robinson's deflection last game was very very lucky, as was Jussi's save. Rooney would not score in the same time and same position too.

agreed

Told Liverpool are interested but I'm only thinking its a rumour so far as I can't for the person who told. Were defo spending big for a Striker in Jan though I know that much.

They make us a decent offer, i'd sell, although the rumour is more than likely rubbish, as they've got enough fire power, Suarez, Carroll, Bellamy, Kuyt can play upfront too.

Quality player, and i'd rather keep him, but we're short on money, and quality in midfield, meaning he's not getting service. It's a shame he couldn't have played in the team where we had Ashley Young, Milner, Petrov, and Downing. Use the money to buy some decent midfielders, and give the forward role back to Agbonlahor, who has been really good this year. Think he could score us plenty of goals.

It's absolutely crucial that we DO NOT sell him. He's our only "star" player left and given the proper service he will score plenty of goals over the course of the season. The problem is the manager who is setting up an attack-orientated team to play defensively.

Â