Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

His attitude pisses me off something rotten. Always looks really **** off, he's lazy, his body language is atrocious and some of the chances he's missed this season my nan could have converted.

He needs to get his act together and stop acting like a sulky child. We pay him enough.

His attitude pisses me off something rotten. Always looks really **** off, he's lazy, his body language is atrocious and some of the chances he's missed this season my nan could have converted.

He needs to get his act together and stop acting like a sulky child. We pay him enough.

Attitude - erm how exactly?

Yes Bent was poor today but our useless manager has isolated him so much for much of this season with his fantastically crap tactics its no wonder hes suffering from poor form now at moment but i wish Villa fans would stop this turning on players who are actually good.

Bent's goalscoring record speaks for itself in the Prem , McLeish's record does not .

Yes he missed some sitters today but all strikers go through bad patches.

It is clear he is lacking confidence, and I agree with most above, the main reason for this is our manager.

The one way to raise confidence is stick with the player, show him he's the main man, and you trust him to come good.

So what does McLeish do - substitute him !. I didnt see Fergusun dropping / subbing Rooney when he went 9 games without a goal.

The guy will almost certainly want out, and I cannot belive we have totally wasted the talent of the best forward we have had at the club for 30 yrs.

Mind you, we should be used to it, DOL destroyed Phillips !

It is clear he is lacking confidence, and I agree with most above, the main reason for this is our manager.

The one way to raise confidence is stick with the player, show him he's the main man, and you trust him to come good.

So what does McLeish do - substitute him !. I didnt see Fergusun dropping / subbing Rooney when he went 9 games without a goal.

The guy will almost certainly want out, and I cannot belive we have totally wasted the talent of the best forward we have had at the club for 30 yrs.

Mind you, we should be used to it, DOL destroyed Phillips !

There is absolutely nothing wrong with substituting him 80 minutes into a game when he isn't playing well. If he wants out because he is being subbed late in the game for playing badly then he can leave because players with that kind of attitude are poison.

Poison ?

Did Bent complain to being substituted - no ! - so dont accuse him of having a poisonous attitude.

What he probably is complaining about and quite rightly so, is why his manager seems to think that he, being a clinical goalscorer in the mould of Gary Lineker of Clive Allen, is actually better to play in a style of Emile Heskey.

Mind you- you have got to admit, he is doing it to 100% perfection, coz since McLeish has played him that way - he hasn't scored either !!!!!!

His body language looks negative to me and he just isn't putting in any effort. Two poor shots today aswell, yet he has never been the best of finishers. His main selling point has always been his positioning and the fact that he gets in the right place for the goals. He just doesn't look bothered at the moment though and I think he needs to sort his attitude out.

Sorry but have to disagree with you. Out of interest where you at the game today? Although he missed a couple of chances his overall effort couldn't be faulted. He chased and hassled the defenders and his work off the ball was good.

No I wasn't at the game today. I tend not to go to away games, being that every home match is like an away game for me.

I did see it online though and I'm not quite sure what you would have seen differently whilst there. Afterall, we were watching the same game.

I don't think his work off the ball was good enough and hasn't been for the past few weeks. Say what you want, yet in my opinion he doesn't look interested right now. He needs to sort his head out and realise that he isn't a superstar.

I must admit whilst his finishing was poor I didnt think his effort during the game was poor. The fact that he looks **** off to me shows that perhaps he does care and is pissed off with himself. Theres no way he could be pissed off with the team or manager yesterday as the team created him chances and played to his strengths.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this. Darren features in the regular Sunday Times Magazine feature 'A life in the day' today. (11.12.11 p.82).

The article gves some insight into his daily life since he joined Villa. People talk about him moving on but clearly the proximity of his family (mother) in Huntingdon, which he describes as visiting '2 or 3 times a week' (an hour drive he says); is a key factor in his current life. He may not find other clubs as convenient.

He does say that he is playing for a great team - and loving it. Probably he would, wouldn't he? But somehow I don't see him moving on this side of the Euros anyway.

I think Darren bent looks pissed off al the time, it's just his natural expression, it means nothing. Sure he cracks a smile when he's happy but he's never been a natural smiler, say like Dwight Yorke. People read to much into facial expressions.

He did miss some absolutely gilt edge chances yesterday but then again, he's always been that sort of player too, he always has patches of inconsistency.

i don't think he has a prob with attitude, ashley young used to baffle me facial expression wise. he looked permanently mardy arsed.

bent missed a few sitters this weekend, given the opportunities consistently over the course of a season he will get 20+. he's done it time and time again. if he gets 3 good chances next week and the week after he'll get at least a couple over the two games.

really don't understand why he's getting so much flak. afaik he hasn't mentioned anything about wanting out, people started speculating about it as his supp,ly line seems to have vanished, but it's pure speculation and commetns suggesting he can go if he misses a sitter or two, or because he's lazy, implying he wants out... well, that's insane. we've waited years for a striker like bent, i hope he's with us for a long while!

His body language looks negative to me and he just isn't putting in any effort. Two poor shots today aswell, yet he has never been the best of finishers. His main selling point has always been his positioning and the fact that he gets in the right place for the goals. He just doesn't look bothered at the moment though and I think he needs to sort his attitude out.

Sorry but have to disagree with you. Out of interest where you at the game today? Although he missed a couple of chances his overall effort couldn't be faulted. He chased and hassled the defenders and his work off the ball was good.

No I wasn't at the game today. I tend not to go to away games, being that every home match is like an away game for me.

I did see it online though and I'm not quite sure what you would have seen differently whilst there. Afterall, we were watching the same game.

I don't think his work off the ball was good enough and hasn't been for the past few weeks. Say what you want, yet in my opinion he doesn't look interested right now. He needs to sort his head out and realise that he isn't a superstar.

:?:

like it or not, bent is a superstar, the prices paid for him , his goal record the wages he is on

just because he is not at man utd does not mean he is not a superstar as far as footballers go

he has been **** over just like several other players by the shit appointment of the ginger clunge, it happens when new people come into the club, they pick their favourites

unfortunately it is like he is deliberately isolating bent up front and playing him expecting him to win a header against 4 defenders, control the ball and then do something with it. we all know bent cant do that so why is the ginger clunge doing it?

is it so he can sell him on and use the excuse he is not playing well?

it takes a certain level of shitness to ruin a striker who was in premium form at the peak of his career

i believe the ginger clunge has THAT level of shitness

i wouldnt be suprised to see bent sold to liverpoo in january

I don't think that you get the same perspective of the work any player does off the ball when watching it online or on tv as the cameras tend to focus on the ball.

We may have been watching the same game but I'd wager I had a better view of his runs off the ball than you hence why I disagree with you about his effort.

More chance of Torres going to Liverpool on loan.

Bent left after his mother was racially abused, he was getting abuse for a poor spell despite being their best player, and we came in with more money.

MON could have signed him for £12m here but wouldn't. Lerner would ask for a profit on the fee he paid so O'Neill would have to come in with an offer of more than £25m. That is not going to happen and the "football being football you never know", is nonsense.

Throw in the fact Sunderland are working within financial restrictions which is why they accepted the £24m offer in the first place, AND that Bent was given dogs abuse when he returned, he will be going no where north.

If he was going somewhere I'd imagine it would be to Turkey.

Â