Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I think if it becomes clear he'll go in January that might force the board into getting rid of McLeish. Bent is our only real "star" player left and it was less than a year ago that we forked out so much for him. They know that if he wanted out most fans would rightly blame the board and McLeish.

I don't think AM would be too bothered if Bent left. He doesn't play to his strengths. I'm sure deep down he wants to drop him but he won't in fear of the backlash he'll get from us. Even the board would question on why is he dropping a striker they spent up to 24m on.

If he does go to Liverpool I wouldn't mind Carroll too much as long as we get at least 15 million as well. He was a monster against us and would probably shine here.

3 years of McLeish will take us at least another 3 years to recover from.

Any long period of McLeish will severely damage us longterm.

Unless he completely changes the soul destroying turd football over 3 year period (even if doesn't relegate us within that) he would inflict upon ppl will severely alienate core base , wed have no casual fans left at all and will be left with severely and heavily diminshed numbers.

I think the damage would be irreversible.

Upcoming kids in taht period also will simply not be supporting us no matter how indoctrinated by family - McLeishs shiteness and unique brand of antifootball would be just too strong

I can't believe some of the fools on this forum. Why would we want to sell Bent? He missed a couple but so do all good strikers. This is the first game in ages that he has had any service. If some morons can't spot the difference between a good striker and a poor one then there's no hope for them.

His body language looks negative to me and he just isn't putting in any effort. Two poor shots today aswell, yet he has never been the best of finishers. His main selling point has always been his positioning and the fact that he gets in the right place for the goals. He just doesn't look bothered at the moment though and I think he needs to sort his attitude out.

Normally I would stick up for him (despite missing his sitters and being limited), but something really seemed off today. It was like his mind was elsewhere, the equalivent of his last spell at Sunderland. :| His whole attitude was very negative and didn't really try to step up a gear.

Â