Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

He is the England Number 9. The fact that our manager can't even get him scoring goals says it all.

The one time we have a quality striker we don't have the manager with the tactical knowledge to work out how to use him effectively. It's a disgrace and I would not be surprised if Bent went in January. Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City would all take him. He may not start every game but he'll be getting goals and playing decent football. Maybe a squad player but it's better than running around for 90 minutes chasing balls into touch.

I think the stats of him having fewest touches in the whole Prem league just completely re-emphasises what an awful manager we have .

A manager who has no idea how to set up a team to support and suit perhaps the most prolific striker we have had at the club.

A manager who thinks Heskey and Hutton are good creative support options for Bent.

Utter turd manager.

I think the stats of him having fewest touches in the whole Prem league just completely re-emphasises what an awful manager we have .

A manager who has no idea how to set up a team to support and suit perhaps the most prolific striker we have had at the club.

A manager who thinks Heskey and Hutton are good creative support options for Bent.

Utter turd manager.

Actually the manager played pretty much the players the fans had been crying for on Staurday.

Delph Heskey Nzog petrov all dropped/left out

In came Bannan, Albrighton, Jenas who were equally ineffectve if not worse!!

Utter turd manager.

Actually the manager played pretty much the players the fans had been crying for on Staurday.

In came Bannan, Albrighton, Jenas who we equally ineffectve if not worse!!

It's not about who he plays, it's how he plays them. It doesn't matter how attacking the team looks, if they're set up to defend it makes no difference.

Utter turd manager.

In came Bannan, Albrighton, Jenas who we equally ineffectve if not worse!!

It's not about who he plays, it's how he plays them. It doesn't matter how attacking the team looks, if they're set up to defend it makes no difference.

I dont disagree

Im just pointing out what utter nonsense it is to claim that Mcliesh has only tried with Heskey & Hutton.

And I will fully understand if he sticks with Heskey next time as, although he was dog turd (no more dogturd than the rest btw) at least we kept the ball for a couple of seconds when he was on.

Utter turd manager.

Largely because of how deep everyone was deployed. If our wingers are set up to mark their wingers, then they're never going to be able to get forward when we break with the ball to support Bent or Jenas.

It completely isolates Bent.

it could be Ronaldo and Messi on the wings, if you play them in our own 3rd they're going to struggle to get balls to Bent.

Utter turd manager.

Largely because of how deep everyone was deployed. If our wingers are set up to mark their wingers, then they're never going to be able to get forward when we break with the ball to support Bent or Jenas.

it could be Ronaldo and Messi on the wings, if you play them in our own 3rd they're going to struggle to get balls to Bent.

Theres no shame in playing deep against Man utd. We have bigger problems. We cannot string 3 passes together. it doesnt matter how high/deep you are if you cant make 3 simple forward passes, you wont create anything.

of course we cant make 3 simple forward passes, everyone is being told to stay back. there is no one to pass to apart from bent who is surrounded by the whole defence. and if its a case of a players poor technique well then you work and work on it in training. managers like lambert, rodgers, martinez have a lot worse players yet seem to be able to get them to be competent at passing.

as for mcleishs comments the other day in the paper about getting bent more service, well he said that a couple of months back after a game (maybe the wolves 0-0?). he also said about working on passing and movement in training, which clearly he hasnt done because we are getting worse. then you add in the "we will work on set pieces" after man city, only to go and conceded 2 against WBA, a last minute one against sunderland and a few other soft ones. "the players who are not performing will be dropped", well unless you are his favourites like collins and hutton. he can talk a good game but thats it. he hasnt done anything to back up what he has said.

going back to bent, mcleish has one of the top 3 prem goal scorers of the past 5 years in his team, a guy who got 9 in 16 for us last season and he cannot utilise a player like that. the thing is he doesnt even need masses of service. last season we weren't creating loads of chances, but just enough for bent to be successful. this season i cant remember the last time we created a decent chance through good team play. most of our goals have come from gabby picking up the ball 40 yards out on the wing and doing something amazing. and he cant keep doing that every game.

Turning our wingers into fullbacks is inexcusable. It makes Warnock and Hutton look better than they are, but yet Hutton still failed quite badly on the first goal. Did Bent even get any service in the box at all for the 90 mins? Did he even get it in the final third? :x

It's no wonder he has the least touches out of any other player this season. I'll be shocked if he remains here after the window.

of course we cant make 3 simple forward passes, everyone is being told to stay back. there is no one to pass to apart from bent who is surrounded by the whole defence. and if its a case of a players poor technique well then you work and work on it in training. managers like lambert, rodgers, martinez have a lot worse players yet seem to be able to get them to be competent at passing.

No, i disagree.

We had more than enough chances when the ball was on the halfway with Warnock (with only Dunne and Given behind him). Where did it end up. Shay Given.

Are you telling me that they are on 60k a week and need to be reminded how to pass a ball? Were talking 4 or 5 yard passes here. Lets worry about the killer ball when we get the basics right.

Mcliesh is by no means innocent in our current run of form but please, will someone tell me when the 11 players on multi million pound contracts, making a total arse of it on the field, are going to shoulder some of the blame?

Turning our wingers into fullbacks is inexcusable. It makes Warnock and Hutton look better than they are, but yet Hutton still failed quite badly on the first goal. Did Bent even get any service in the box at all for the 90 mins? Did he even get it in the final third? :x

It's no wonder he has the least touches out of any other player this season. I'll be shocked if he remains here after the window.

Yeah he got the ball in the box. made a total arse of it.

Actaully, I think it suits players such as Dunne and Collins where they can hoof the ball without any complaints.

I hope at least one of them (hopefully Collins) will be bought from MON. Then we can use Clark, but I doubt that. Knowing AM he'll spend his entire budget on more defenders.

Utter turd manager.

Theres no shame in playing deep against Man utd. We have bigger problems. We cannot string 3 passes together. it doesnt matter how high/deep you are if you cant make 3 simple forward passes, you wont create anything.

With all due respect, I think you're wrong.

They can't string three passes together because there's no outlets, because we're playing so deep.

Against United, if Gabby or Albrighton got the ball they'd never get it with any chance to get beyond United's fullbacks.

Whenever United got the ball, Gabby and Albrighton immediately fell back to mark Valencia and Young respectively.

It meant that the rare times we actually won the ball, gabby and Marc were easily closed down by United's fullbacks, who didn't have to worry about us getting in behind them.

We're struggling to pass because we're playing a system that congests our half of the picth horribly. It has our players falling back and encourages the opposition to press.

It means when we get the ball we've got 2 options. Try and pass it through a very congested midfield, or hoof it forward to Bent.

There's no shame in sitting deep against United, you're right. But there is shame in sitting so deep that it nullifies any attacking opportunities we were ever likely to have.

To clarify, I'm not saying th eplayers are blameless. Of course they're not.

But they're not being given a chance. They're being sent out to not lose games, and incorrectly at that.

Yes they should be playing with more heart, urgency, desire etc.

But the root of the problem is the manager.

Steveo - Good points well made.

However I saw too many straight forward passes go astray against Spurs, Swansea and on saturday to 100% agree the tactics are the only problem.

I just cant put all the blamwe on one mans lap while theres a number of players not pulling their weight.

If they all gave 100% (whether they believed in the cause or not) and it still didnt work, Neither me or Mcliesh would have a leg to stand on

Â