Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Real shocker for Darren today. People have been saying that he hasnt any service which has been true but he in the team to put those chances away and nothing more. When he doesnt score them, he contributes nothing and that is what happened today.

If we create those chances on regular occasions, he'll put goals away. Obviously should of scored at least one today, although some decent blocks.

My only worry is, is it me or does him and Gabby have absolutely no partnership whatsoever? I know Gabby has set him up through great play but they never seem to talk, never seem to be like smiley celebrating together, in the way say A.Young/Bent and A.Young/Gabby did, whenever Bent misses a chance, Gabby seems to shake his head and have a moan. I guess it doesn't really matter but I do like to see our players like each other and have nice partnerships, don't seem to be the case here.

If we create those chances on regular occasions, he'll put goals away. Obviously should of scored at least one today, although some decent blocks.

My only worry is, is it me or does him and Gabby have absolutely no partnership whatsoever? I know Gabby has set him up through great play but they never seem to talk, never seem to be like smiley celebrating together, in the way say A.Young/Bent and A.Young/Gabby did, whenever Bent misses a chance, Gabby seems to shake his head and have a moan. I guess it doesn't really matter but I do like to see our players like each other and have nice partnerships, don't seem to be the case here.

Well I know that Gabby's brother Charizma (sp?) loathes Bent, so I guess maybe the same could be true for Gabby, and if so that is unfortunate.

His body language looks negative to me and he just isn't putting in any effort. Two poor shots today aswell, yet he has never been the best of finishers. His main selling point has always been his positioning and the fact that he gets in the right place for the goals. He just doesn't look bothered at the moment though and I think he needs to sort his attitude out.

Sorry but have to disagree with you. Out of interest where you at the game today? Although he missed a couple of chances his overall effort couldn't be faulted. He chased and hassled the defenders and his work off the ball was good.

jesus just seen him on motd there. still probably fairly surprised by the number of touches he had in the game for a change. play like this more often and he'll score though
I agree. He may have been poor today but on another day he'll score a couple. Unfortunately we rarely ever attack teams - and therein lies the main problem.

Well I know that Gabby's brother Charizma (sp?) loathes Bent, so I guess maybe the same could be true for Gabby, and if so that is unfortunate.

How do you know this :?:

I've thought the same as POB to be honest and figured that Gabby might dislike Bent by the way his brother talked about Bent on twitter. I reckon Gabby was pissed off when we signed Bent

Strikers go through crap patches and don't score, Bent will come good no doubt about it I mean Rooney goes aaages without scoring and then boom a goal and he's world class again :D

Whether he leaves us remains to be seen but I still wouldn't be surprised if he actually did (not that I can think of a reason).

Is it right that they were talking about him on Soccer Saturday and all the so called expert pundits thought he may go in January but thought he was worth no more than 10 mill?

I really can't see him going in January as I can't see who'd come in for him. One things for sure if Liverpool or Arsenal come in for him he'll want out quicker than Stewart Downing.

Real shocker for Darren today. People have been saying that he hasnt any service which has been true but he in the team to put those chances away and nothing more. When he doesnt score them, he contributes nothing and that is what happened today.

this season he's been very, very poor. he's missed 10-15 absolute sitters so far in the league alone. we know what we're getting with bent, but he's been off his game quite a bit all season

Poor today but he is the most prolific goalscorer we have had at the club in God knows how long.

Its no wonder his confidence has been dented given how McLeish has had us set up this season. he was probably in shock of touching the ball a few times today.

Still it was a bad miss.

Bent will come good again but this manager has certainly not helped him this season .

Gabby's brother is on twitter: @zirac10

Â