Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

3 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Seven goals in his last ten. That's the same as our whole team's return from their last ten games. 

Sign him up :ph34r:

We play them in a couple of games...That'll be fun.

It's amazing how we have spent over £35m on strikers this season, yet we've had two managers who don't seem to understand that you need to give them constant service into the box for them to score, makes you wonder what the point is?

Incidentally, what Bent shows is that at this level, if the service is decent, you really do not need to spend so much on strikers in the first place. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jim said:

The clowns running this club will probably buy him for £15m in the summer. 

"Oooohhh he scores goals, sign him up" Seems to be the tactic we currently employ.

This made me laugh and whilst it's extremely unlikely, IF it did actually happen it wouldn't surprise me either :huh:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

His feature on Sky's Premier League 100 program was very nice. Really such a shame how things worked out for him here. Paul Lambert really did him dirty.

I don't think I've ever been as excited for a signing as I was for Darren in January 2011. He even said as much, that 6 month period after he signed was the best football he played and he never had to worry about chances. Young, Downing, Albrighton and Kyle Walker feeding one of the most lethal strikers in the league was a joy to behold.

Also kind of disappointing that he said that his favorite set of fans were the Sunderland fans, said they made him feel like he was walking on water. Never got a chance to become a hero for us. Makes me lament how things ended with Houllier. A couple more seasons with him at the helm would have been very enjoyable. We didn't deserve 5 straight years of bullshit after that 😭 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

His feature on Sky's Premier League 100 program was very nice. Really such a shame how things worked out for him here. Paul Lambert really did him dirty.

I don't think I've ever been as excited for a signing as I was for Darren in January 2011. He even said as much, that 6 month period after he signed was the best football he played and he never had to worry about chances. Young, Downing, Albrighton and Kyle Walker feeding one of the most lethal strikers in the league was a joy to behold.

Also kind of disappointing that he said that his favorite set of fans were the Sunderland fans, said they made him feel like he was walking on water. Never got a chance to become a hero for us. Makes me lament how things ended with Houllier. A couple more seasons with him at the helm would have been very enjoyable. We didn't deserve 5 straight years of bullshit after that 😭 

Nice to completely agree with you for a change!

Benteke was fantastic, but Lambert just seemed to have it in for Bent from day 1. His goals pretty much kept us up 2 seasons running.

• Like 1

Â