Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I wish we'd play him, he'd get us out of this mess, like he did in 2011

Im not so sure. I bet his confidence has been drained, and there are a few that will readilly give him stick if he fails to score. I mean, when hes not scoring, he offers very little and is an easy target.

Im not so sure. I bet his confidence has been drained, and there are a few that will readilly give him stick if he fails to score. I mean, when hes not scoring, he offers very little and is an easy target.

He scores week in week out though

Just been thinking about the Man City game on monday night and back to Bent's winner against them two years ago. It's quite sad thinking back to how excited I was when he joined, and what a great night his debut was.

haha, oh god not this again. Not falling for it SGC. Clearly a wind up.

Just been thinking about the Man City game on monday night and back to Bent's winner against them two years ago. It's quite sad thinking back to how excited I was when he joined, and what a great night his debut was.

Whilst I enjoyed the night - the fact that you call it 'great' shows how many good nights villa have actually had over the years. Absolutely awful game that we nicked with a 5 yard tap in.

Not having a go at your opinion by the way - I can see why you have said what you have said. But by eck, we have a long way to go to get 'real' great nights if we ever actually will get them.

Not at all chap just because you don't rate him doesn't mean he isn't good

Whilst I enjoyed the night - the fact that you call it 'great' shows how many good nights villa have actually had over the years. Absolutely awful game that we nicked with a 5 yard tap in.

Not having a go at your opinion by the way - I can see why you have said what you have said. But by eck, we have a long way to go to get 'real' great nights if we ever actually will get them.

Haha I did mean relatively! Definitely wasn't a 'great' game!

So hes scored in how many games hes played this season?

And hes getting stick from certain supporters for being what, lazy?

Same things happened at Spurs and at Sunderland, and fans are all to ready to jump on players backs especially so if they look like they are not putting in a shift.

Now thats not me saying hes shit because i think that he and Benteke can play off each other, its just that Lamberts or the clubs refusal to play him regularly has effcted his confidence so much, he wont make a difference now.

Edited by MagicMushroom

Not at all chap just because you don't rate him doesn't mean he isn't good

No I mean with the week in week out shit. Thats every week your saying he scores when he clearly doesnt. He averages 1 in 2. That would instigate that he only scores in half the weeks he plays. However, as he scores more than 1 a game sometimes, he in actual fact scores in less than half the weeks he plays.

I agree it's a vicious circle - if Bent plays or comes on as a sub and doesn't score a lot of fans going crazy with rage and hate and yet he needs to play to get confidence.

Lambert has chronically mismanaged him and there is no turning back.

I agree it's a vicious circle - if Bent plays or comes on as a sub and doesn't score a lot of fans going crazy with rage and hate and yet he needs to play to get confidence.

I think Lambert shares the opinion that I have - 'We dont want to turn back'.

i would turn back to finishing 6th though

i would turn back to finishing 6th though

When was the last time we finished 6th with Bent in the team?

When was the last time any of Darren Bent's teams finished 6th?

I know you have never rated the guy Woodytom so there is not much point arguing it with you again but I am sure that if Lambert had decided to build the team around Bent and buy a winger to supply him in the summer we would be much higher up the table now. 

Being one of the lowest scoring teams in the league whilst having a 1 in 2 striker sitting in the stands really is criminal. 

Edited by LondonLax

I know you have never rated the guy Woodytom so there is not much point arguing it with you again but I am sure that if Lambert had decided to build the team around Bent and buy a winger to supply him in the summer we would be much higher up the table now. 

Being one of the lowest scoring teams in the league whilst having a 1 in 2 striker sitting in the stands really is criminal. 

We have a 1 in 2 striker in the team. You sure Lambert would have bought a winger who was good?

Can you point me in the direction of a team that Bent has played for that has finished high up the table based purely on the fact they have a winger supplying him?

Did they have a woeful midfield and a woeful defence?

Bent had Young and Downing for half a season. How did we get on? Seem to remember us flirting with relegation up until the last couple of games.

Â