Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

It's almost as if Lambert is using ... Tactics!!

Bent a bit lazy and wouldn't be as effective trying to press against Arsenal. Much better for him to find space against Reading. Can't wait :-)

I'm not so sure he is gone, who is going to buy him? Or rather who is going to pay the money we would want for him?

Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City are obviously out. As are Sunderland, Newcastle and QPR now Redknapp is in the job. That is almost half the league out the running. He isn't going to go to Wigan or Reading while I don't see Stoke or Everton as likely destinations.

It doesn't exactly leave many potential destinations, best bets would probably be the likes of Southampton or perhaps West Ham maybe Fulham if he fancies a return south. Other than that the only possible club is Liverpool and I'm not sure they will be interested as I think he is too one dimensional for Rodgers.

I don't see a future for Bent under Lambert but I'm not so sure he will be off any time soon.

Joint lowest scorers in the Premier League, but we alienate a player who has scored circa 70 goals in his last 130 odd PL appearances.

I'm sure this kind of retarded shit only happens at the Villa.

When you put it like that it does sound completely stupid.

I think if we had two proper wingers we could play Benteke and Bent upfront together. Bent as the main front man and Benteke in the kind of role Ireland has been playing.

Two proper wingers instead of playing two strikers out wide would provide the service bent would thrive on and we've also got Benteke in there holding the ball up and flicking it on.

The last time those two played was in that narrow diamond system which didn't suit either forward.

I think the problem with Bent is that his lack of workrate keeps him out of the starting 11, and he's got too big an ego to sit on the bench (plus we can't afford to play a bench player his rumoured wages!).

I'd like to see him get another run in the side, but with January coming up I can see him angling for a move. If we can get £12m or so for him, I'd be confident that PL would be able to put it to good use, and find a suitable replacement.

what'll probably happen here, knowing villa, is that we'll sell bent in january and use the money to bring in two wingers who end up not having anyone totally suited to their crosses. benteke doesn't convince me in the air, and i think he's more the type to make his own chances instead of being crossed to

it'd be fairly typical. when we had a great pair of wingers we didn't go for bent, then we got bent in and sold the wingers, now we'll probably sell bent and bring new wingers in. all in a day's work for the villa - where else would you get it

• Like 2

There must be some way he can fit into lamberts system?

I'm sure he'd fit him in if he could. The sad fact (in my opinion) is that we need him off the wage bill. Lerner doesn't want anyone at the club who earns more than £10k a week anymore.

Â