Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I don't get it. So we do score enough goals?!

We haven't scored in the last 2 games but considering the calibre of the opposition and the controversy surrounding the Man City game it's not something I'm that worried about. I think we're fine up front and the goals will come the more they play together.

We haven't scored in the last 2 games but considering the calibre of the opposition and the controversy surrounding the Man City game it's not something I'm that worried about. I think we're fine up front and the goals will come the more they play together.

Fair enough. I really hope you're right.

Which is just optimistic hope.

We aren't scoring enough goals so clearly it's a legitmate concern not flavour of the month as you so brilliantly put it.

Mat Kendrick@MatKendrick

"It's my choice." That was Paul Lambert's response when asked why @DarrenBent was not in the #avfc squad today.

**** right aswell! Spot on from Paul Lambert.

I'm not so sure he is gone, who is going to buy him? Or rather who is going to pay the money we would want for him?

Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City are obviously out. As are Sunderland, Newcastle and QPR now Redknapp is in the job. That is almost half the league out the running. He isn't going to go to Wigan or Reading while I don't see Stoke or Everton as likely destinations.

It doesn't exactly leave many potential destinations, best bets would probably be the likes of Southampton or perhaps West Ham maybe Fulham if he fancies a return south. Other than that the only possible club is Liverpool and I'm not sure they will be interested as I think he is too one dimensional for Rodgers.

I don't see a future for Bent under Lambert but I'm not so sure he will be off any time soon.

If in the Premier League he goes I can see it being to Newcastle, QPR, Liverpool, Everton or maybe Stoke.

I can't see any of the sky 4 but you never know.

Hopefully Liverpool so we can rob them blind.

Again! :twisted:

I think he still has a big future here.

I don't anymore.

Joint lowest scorers in the Premier League, but we alienate a player who has scored circa 70 goals in his last 130 odd PL appearances.

I'm sure this kind of retarded shit only happens at the Villa.

I think this comment is more alienated.

Do you endorse players throwing there toys out the pram until they get there own way then? Because if you ask me it is that kind of retarded shit that has been going on for too long at Villa until now!.

There must be some way he can fit into lamberts system?

I think it's a bit too late for that now. but never say never.

Just heard Sid on Talksport and he pretty much said that Bent isn't playing because he doesn't work hard enough for the team.

That's not new to most of us on here but it is difficult when he is our best goal scorer. I like Benteke a lot but if we don't score goals we are not going to start games.

I would start Benteke on Tuesday with Bent on the bench. If we haven't scored by half time have a play B to get Bent and Benteke on at the same time.

If in the Premier League he goes I can see it being to Newcastle, QPR, Liverpool, Everton or maybe Stoke.

One thing you can be pretty sure of is that he won't go to QPR and play for Redknapp after the way things went when he was at Spurs. I also think you can forget Newcastle unless they sell Ba and even then I'm not sure they would pay the money we would want, plus there is the whole ex Sunderland player thing. Everton couldn't afford him.

In my mind there is no way we would have scored 2 goals against Utd and been such a threat yesterday with Bent in the team...

Sid, Cully and PL are no mugs

they know with the state of our squad as it is and severe lack of decent wingers that Bents limitations are highlighted and his impact on the team lessened..

PL knows his premier league record, im sure he thinks he is a good player but he also knows a team in transition where work rate has to shine coz the quality isnt there cannot accomodate him

Benteke Weimann and Gabby have been playing well and are gaining some understanding together, they made Ferdinand and co look like schoolboys at times and worried Arsenal too ( i thought Mertesacker was outstanding) so to bring Bent in and destroy that momentum would be ridiculous

i expect Reading to bear the brunt of our new look front 3s growing confidence on Tuesday

I heard Sid's interview on Talk Shite this morning and it does seem the lack of work rate is the issue with Bent. Hopefully he'll resolve this as I'd rather have Bent on the bench than Bowery but only if he is willing to put a shift in.

Time will tell.

I think it's pretty even between the team scoring when he starts and the team scoring when he doesn't. I know we haven't scored in four games and I think he only played in one of them, which was West Ham.

Ive never thought Bent a team player, seams to not celebrate with the team and never understood how everyone over looked the whole shopping on a match day thing last year.

I would say however that right now we need to score goals. He is without question a great goalscorer. We should find a way to make that work.

He is without question a great goalscorer. We should find a way to make that work.

I agree he is, a great goal poacher anyway.

Problem is he needs things built around him, it is the very reason he came here in the first place to feed off our wingers and good he was at it too. For whatever reason Lambert opted not to go down this route in the summer and now it is a little late, the team doesn't have the structure, players or might I add ability to find a way to make Bent work.

I don't see Lambert changing the approach in January so I don't think there is a future for Bent, great poacher though he is.

I could see him fitting in at West Ham though and scoring a **** load with players like Jarvis and Carroll under Fat Sam's lump it in the box football.

The fact of the matter is, we have alienated our best player. You can try an put as much positive spin on it as you like but Bent is the only genuine talent we have in the squad and he can't get on the bench, meanwhile we are sitting in the relegation places.

If we were flying and things were going well then you would have to say fair enough, Lambert's handling of this is spot on. As things are going terribly then Lambert's approach must be called into question surely?

• Like 1

Â