Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

His tweet from the other day, "pleased that my injury isn't as bad as first thought and I should be back fit soon" rather see him in the squad than Benteke currently, he hasn't done **** all the last two games.

Can't agree with having him ahead of Benteke. Bent has done **** all this season when given the chance.

• Like 1

well didn't he cost us c the same figure as Liverpool paid for Suarez.

One is capable of making something happen virtually on his own the other clearly needs feeding.

Darren Bent has the capability to score goals, but he does come on with a face like a hound dog.....something is clearly not right... but here we go again another hefty fee. doing bugger all.

call the samaritans Randy.

• Like 1

One is capable of making something happen virtually on his own the other clearly needs feeding.

Darren Bent has the capability to score goals, but he does come on with a face like a hound dog.....something is clearly not right... but here we go again another hefty fee. doing bugger all.

To be fair, its not like he plays every week is it ?Hard to keep in form and to keep your touch when you only play once a month.

• Like 1

To be fair, its not like he plays every week is it ?Hard to keep in form and to keep your touch when you only play once a month.

you forgot to add, in a system which almost looks like a deliberate attempt to stifle what he is actually very good at.

when he did play up front with benteke, lambert in his infinite wisdom played his stupid 5 at the back system, the one which got us raped all over christmas and the new year

rather than 4-4-2 which is clearly a better system for this bunch of players

• 4 weeks later...

His tweet from the other day, "pleased that my injury isn't as bad as first thought and I should be back fit soon" rather see him in the squad than Benteke currently, he hasn't done **** all the last two games.

Can't agree with having him ahead of Benteke. Bent has done **** all this season when given the chance.

how many starts, how many goals or assists?

I can think of about three games where he has been really poor, but no poorer than any other player but for some reason he gets utterly ripped apart - like he is somehow evil and the worst signing ever made - like the goals and form before this season are utterly forgotten, and the euphoria when we signed him was make believe. He went from hero to 'overpaid billy big bollocks who doesn't fit Lambert's style of play' just because Lambert decided to drop him. 

I support Villa, I support whoever the manager is but i will not blindly endorse every decision he makes and Lambert's utter mismanagement of Bent has wiped about half the value off the player - who would pay more than 6-8 mil for him now? Putting Bowery on the bench ahead of him to really ram home to Bent how little Lambert thinks of him is **** baffling. Why make him captain, why look as though you are going to build a team round someone and then do the opposite. May be we will never know the true story - but leaving a 20 mil highly paid player rotting in the reserves in a battle of ego's is **** disgusting. I'm sure Bent is in no way innocent in all this but he's not the architect of his downfall at Villa even if he has probably now acted petulantly and sealed that fate. If Lambert is so great then he should be able to get the best out of Bent and both should put their differences aside for the good of the club.

The same goes for Ireland but at least most of us would concede the main person that destroyed Ireland's career is Stephen Ireland.

people who hate Bent and disagree are entitled to that opinion, I would have been happy if Lambert kept Darren involved - even if it was just on the bench and cameos and then sold him in Jan or this summer, but to leave him out of the squad altogether winds me up.

and yes i am ranting like an old woman and i don't mean to cause offence, for some reason the whole Bent and Ireland thing really annoys me. If we had pots of lovely cash it wouldn't matter so much but when we are scraping the barrel to afford the wages of Simon Dawkins yet have a 60-80K a week player sat in the reserves.......

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

how many starts, how many goals or assists?

I can think of about three games where he has been really poor, but no poorer than any other player but for some reason he gets utterly ripped apart - like he is somehow evil and the worst signing ever made - like the goals and form before this season are utterly forgotten, and the euphoria when we signed him was make believe. He went from hero to 'overpaid billy big bollocks who doesn't fit Lambert's style of play' just because Lambert decided to drop him. 

I support Villa, I support whoever the manager is but i will not blindly endorse every decision he makes and Lambert's utter mismanagement of Bent has wiped about half the value off the player - who would pay more than 6-8 mil for him now? Putting Bowery on the bench ahead of him to really ram home to Bent how little Lambert thinks of him is **** baffling. Why make him captain, why look as though you are going to build a team round someone and then do the opposite. May be we will never know the true story - but leaving a 20 mil highly paid player rotting in the reserves in a battle of ego's is **** disgusting. I'm sure Bent is in no way innocent in all this but he's not the architect of his downfall at Villa even if he has probably now acted petulantly and sealed that fate. If Lambert is so great then he should be able to get the best out of Bent and both should put their differences aside for the good of the club.

The same goes for Ireland but at least most of us would concede the main person that destroyed Ireland's career is Stephen Ireland.

people who hate Bent and disagree are entitled to that opinion, I would have been happy if Lambert kept Darren involved - even if it was just on the bench and cameos and then sold him in Jan or this summer, but to leave him out of the squad altogether winds me up.

and yes i am ranting like an old woman and i don't mean to cause offence, for some reason the whole Bent and Ireland thing really annoys me. If we had pots of lovely cash it wouldn't matter so much but when we are scraping the barrel to afford the wages of Simon Dawkins yet have a 60-80K a week player sat in the reserves.......

AvFlife - I'm amazed you can type that - how on earth do you come to the conclusion that Benteke should be dropped for Bent? utter bollocks.

I think Bents injury from last yr has been over looked a little. He has never really bounced back from that, and every time he started he seemed to aggravate it again.

Something isn't right about it though - and I really can't see lambert dropping bent because he wants to. Whether it's his contract or appearences or whatever. Things dont add up.

Dropping him for bowery that night, forget which game was bang out of order for me.

I agree that we haven't really missed Bent but Lambert's insistence on putting Bowery on the bench ahead of him is a bit annoying. There's absolutely no way Bent should be starting but he should be on the bench.

Apparently Bent wasn't fit for the Liverpool game and Bowery was on the bench instead. I don't know about other games, but I really think his injury was more serious than they let on

I disagree I think to a certain extent we have missed him, it seems we now have to score some great goals to score at all, which is nice to watch but also they don't happen as much as a tap in. Benteke has had some great finishes but I dont buy this about they wouldnt work together, its hardly been tried. If I had to pick between the two then yep I'd definitely pick Benteke but we havent tried them anywhere near enough together.

No doubt someone will find some tap ins to ram down my throat but its my perception & how I see it.

I agree that we haven't really missed Bent but Lambert's insistence on putting Bowery on the bench ahead of him is a bit annoying. There's absolutely no way Bent should be starting but he should be on the bench.

I agree as a striker, but Bowery hasn't made an appearance as a striker I don't think.

He has Bowery there as an option for out wide for me. If needs be I think he prefers Gabby and Weimann as alternative to Benteke for central striker in the 4-3-3 we've got going on at the minute.

I wouldn't mind sticking Bent on the bench from now till the end of the season, we could really do with some ratty grubby goals he specializes in now.

I think even Gabby has moved up the pecking order in Lamberts scheme of things. He likes grafters, its obvious and Darren Bent is'nt one.

Bents lethal in front of goal and while we're creating chances he would definitely score.......but PL definitely does'nt seem to be in the DB9 fan club.

Should be on the bench, though, without question.

Hello ..

Well most of the times Bent wasn't in the bench because he wasn't available !

+ Does anyone really would drop Benteke , Weimann or Gabby for Bent ?!

Saying that .. I think he must be in the Bench .. Maybe if we secured our safety I would start him ..

For now .. let's hope we could stay in the very beginning !

I disagree I think to a certain extent we have missed him, it seems we now have to score some great goals to score at all, which is nice to watch but also they don't happen as much as a tap in. Benteke has had some great finishes but I dont buy this about they wouldnt work together, its hardly been tried. If I had to pick between the two then yep I'd definitely pick Benteke but we havent tried them anywhere near enough together.

No doubt someone will find some tap ins to ram down my throat but its my perception & how I see it.

our midfield is just too weak to play 4-4-2. Gabby and weimann will hold out on the wings and track back if needed. What are the chances of Bent doing that? If it's a choice of Bent or Benteke it's going to be Benteke all day long

Bent should be on the bench, if we need a goal in the last ten minute he should be coming on. Having Bowery ahead of him makes no sense, but I agree that he shouldn't start.

How much will we get for him now? 5m or 6m tops?

Yep. The whole thing has been utterly mismanaged by Lambert.

Easy to point the finger at lambert - this goes beyond him for me.

yep me too. Good post

Â