Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Why do some feel sorry for this guy? If he trained well and showed the correct attitude he would be in the squad. He obviously hasn't, so he isn't. No conspiracy theories....he just ain't good enough

He has been in the squad, unless you've been looked at different squads.

If we had to sell Benteke and then could spend £20m on two quality wingers, then Bent would still be an asset to the club, like he was when we still had Downing and Young.  Unfortunately for him the team just hasn't been set up for his strengths since then but I admire Lambert's balls for identifying it and sticking by his guns.  

I think he'll prove very difficult to sell in the summer. He won't want to take a pay cut and I can't see people queueing up to pay the money we're paying - from what I can see he doesn't look the type that'd be too fussed with not playing at all for the next two seasons and picking up his dough.

I wouldn't be surprised if we let him go for a fair bit less than has been mentioned in the thread - I wouldn't be massively surprised if we were looking to give him away.

as I said in transfer thread we could get 5-7 million from a team like Fulham or Everton especially if either lose big money players in summer Fellaini or Berbatov

after that except WBA losing Lukaku I cant see any other team lookign for him and Id guess he is miles out of WBA pay bracket. Maybe them Turkish or Russian teams will resurface

I can see us 'helping' him on his way to the right team - I genuinely could see a free transfer which would allow someone else to pay what he wants - or a deal where we help support wages - he's rumoured to be at about £80k a week all told - if we gave him away for nothing we'd be making £8m over the next two years.

I can't see him going abroad, why would he be bothered?

I can see us 'helping' him on his way to the right team - I genuinely could see a free transfer which would allow someone else to pay what he wants - or a deal where we help support wages - he's rumoured to be at about £80k a week all told - if we gave him away for nothing we'd be making £8m over the next two years.

tumblr_me6xfjO1OQ1rkctppo1_250.gif

Turkey, Russia?

Turkey, Russia?

More than he's on right now? I'd doubt that. They're loaded, not stupid.

Gimme 5m + most wages paid, or 10m and the Adebayor treatment. Either way, he has no place here. The majority of our goals have come from link-up play between the front 3 of Gabby-Benteke-Weimann, working to create chances for each other with little creative contribution from our midfield (though this has been changing as of late), and Bent has shown that he can't create chances for others, ruining the synchronicity of the front 3 which is so important to how we've played under Lambert. Don't bring up the West Ham or Stoke games either; he didn't contribute anything to those games other than a timely goal-line clearance in the WHU game.

Turkey, Russia?

More than he's on right now? I'd doubt that. They're loaded, not stupid.

Dont know. some Russian club allegedly offered to sign Samba on his QPR contract and another bought Aiden McGeady

I think your all underestimating the price of goals. I can see a fair few clubs being interested in him and £8-10 million is a very good price for goals.

I'd hold onto him til we know what's happening with Benteke. If he's staying, then flog bent, if he's not, use the money from his sale to buy some wingers and put Bent back as the focal point. End result should be lots of goals regardless

Lambert doesn't rate him as a player, and doesn't play with wingers, I don't see that happening.

Wasnt it Wiz who said Lambert would start narrow and then gradually move towards wingers with time though? I seem to recall that's the route he went at Norwich according to those who can bear to watch them

I think we will sell him and there'll be a lot of interest, It'll be who is willing to pay him the wage he wants coupled with whoever sells a striker of some quality.

I'd guess anyone outside the top four will be interested in him in England, Celtic possibly and a fair few teams in all the other countries.

We'll definitely sell him if we want to and I think he'll want to stay in England.

I think your all underestimating the price of goals. I can see a fair few clubs being interested in him and £8-10 million is a very good price for goals.

Agree, but you're overestimating the team of weapons we've had conducting negotiations over the last few years.

I think £6m max, but as OBE said, could see us just letting him go to get him off wages.

Â