Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Birmingham Mail survey says 80% of supporters would have him in the starting lineup.   Amazing.

Amazing?

We've scored, what, 7 goals all season and it amazes you that fans would like to see a change up front?

Not even 7 - think it is 6 (including game vs Leyton Orient as well!)

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Or just shows how The Mail is becoming a shit 'sensationalist' tabloid rag.....

I agreed with almost all of your post, but strongly take issue with your use of the word "becoming". It's implies the wrong tense and should be removed for accuracy.
  • Like 3

Should never have left Sunderland. ;) Seriously though I don't understand why it has all gone wrong for him, although the lack of goals in the side overall is evidence that perhaps the problem is supplying the strikers, not to the forwards themselves. When Young and Downing were constantly whipping balls into the box Bent's eyes would have lit up, once he was deprived of that he was always going to struggle. His problem is that he contributes absolutely nothing to the team other than goals, he doesn't get involved in build up play, or provide assists. He is anonymous for 95% of a game then pops up with a goal.

Edited by safcrhys

Birmingham Mail survey says 80% of supporters would have him in the starting lineup. Amazing.

Amazing?

We've scored, what, 7 goals all season and it amazes you that fans would like to see a change up front?

Yes amazing. Amazing that some people (80% my hairy arse) still think he's actually capable of doing anything for us. There is being desperate for a change and there is downright daftness.

It's clear to anyone with even a 'postage stamp' knowledge of football that he's done for. It was absolutely painful watching him waddle around for 20mins against Southampton.

It's not tactics, it's not style of play - he got injured now he's ****, fat and unfit. End of story.

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 2

Is Darren Bent the player Keane had the bust up with due to his alarming loan move to Brighton!?

I get the logic!

In all seriousness he had nothing but good words about Keane in an interview today.

I don't blame Bent for moving on - hopefully he'll prosper at a team trying to win games.

Darren Bent sounds like a bitter shitbag and I'm glad he's no longer around the dressing room with his negative bollocks..... lose some weight, put in some effort and justify your worth to the team.

100% this. Did nothing to warrant his place in the starting 11 and did nothing on loan Fulham either.

• Like 2

I can understand Bent's frustation.  The team can't score goals and he still doesn't get a chance!  Lambert has screwed his career up. Hope it goes well for him at Brighton.  He just wants to play football so how does that make him bitter!

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

I can understand Bent's frustation.  The team can't score goals and he still doesn't get a chance!  Lambert has screwed his career up. Hope it goes well for him at Brighton.  He just wants to play football so how does that make him bitter!

He had a chance just the other day, just as he has had a chance many times before that. He comes on and doesn't do anything.

Didn't do too badly at Fulham when you look at minutes played to goals, pretty sure it was superior to Gabby or Weimann. Wouldn't surprise if he sorted himself out there, hopefully will and make it permanent in Jan to get his wages off the books.

• Like 1

Guys its hard to do anything if Lambert has coached a defensive unit. Maybe for the first 10 minutes of a game when we actually attack he might come good, but in the last 80 minutes when we defend for our lives its not gonna work no.

Scored a couple of goals in pre season when the pressure was off Lambert!

• Like 1

He had a chance just the other day, just as he has had a chance many times before that. He comes on and doesn't do anything.

Well you can't expect much from a player when he gets a few minutes here and there. His goalscoring record was as good as anybodys until Lambert became manager. 

Well you can't expect much from a player when he gets a few minutes here and there. His goalscoring record was as good as anybodys until Lambert became manager. 

This.

18 goals in his first 38 games for the club across his (approx) first season and a half for the club (Houllier/McLeish), in the England reckoning, after an £18m club record transfer.

In pops Paul Lambert.

Fast forward 2 and a half years (approx). the player has been frozen out, suddenly can't score and has little/no has transfer value.

A waste of an investment and bad use of the player by Lambert.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Â