Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Plays players who are out of form and don't rotate squad.

Same first XI almost every week, if all fit.

I'd say that's insane given our run of results.

Lambert hasn't been able to play the same starting eleven, in two consecutive games, since the Newcastle game. So it really isn't the 'Same first XI almost every week' and thats the major problem we've had this season.

• Like 2

Lambert hasn't been able to play the same starting eleven, in two consecutive games, since the Newcastle game. So it really isn't the 'Same first XI almost every week' and thats the major problem we've had this season.

Its not just the players. Its the same formation and same tactical approach to each game.

• Like 1

Its not just the players. Its the same formation and same tactical approach to each game.

Against Hull and Q.P.R. in particular, we looked to keep possession and play out from the back.  Against Liverpool, we shoved Gabby on top of Gerrard to stifle their play and look to break them off at that point.  There's obviously a certain style of general play that we have - which is counter-attacking football, and has been for years - but I think it's unfair to say we don't change tactically.

The formation issue stands though.  We should at least try 2 up top at some point but never seem to do this.

Does seem past it but our style of football doesn't befit him at all. He thrives, or did, off others creativity and is there to put the finishing touch on moves which is a problem for a team which creatives very little and requires the forward to fashion his own chances.

That said I can see why Lambert bought him on, as there was a good chance we'd put together a chance or two on the break as Southampton pushed for an equaliser. But unfortunately it didn't work out like that and our one chance fell to Weimann who whilst was brilliant in the build up completely let himself down with one of the worst finishes you'll see.

• Like 2

Does seem past it but our style of football doesn't befit him at all. He thrives, or did, off others creativity and is there to put the finishing touch on moves which is a problem for a team which creatives very little and requires the forward to fashion his own chances.

That said I can see why Lambert bought him on, as there was a good chance we'd put together a chance or two on the break as Southampton pushed for an equaliser. But unfortunately it didn't work out like that and our one chance fell to Weimann who whilst was brilliant in the build up completely let himself down with one of the worst finishes you'll see.

Exactly how I saw it, he thought we'd get a chance and Bent would bury it. however the same has happened in every game and we weren't able to relieve pressure and carry the ball forward, we paid for that....though it was the least that Southampton deserved.

A fair gamble to take, though judging in recent performances we needed a ball carrier not a luxury player.

Pay up his contract and let's move on. Offered nothing, he either doesn't have the ability or the brains to drop off pick up the ball, hold it and relieve the pressure or he just doesn't want to, either way, just **** off.

It's disgusting the condition he is too, he is barely 30 yet Sheringham in his 40s had more mobility than him.

Shocking, disgusting.

i would rather play a youngster up top than bent. he is slow, lost his fox in the box instints and doenst look interested

i think his next move he will get a shock at what a huge pay cut he will receive a sno-one will pay big moeny for him when he leaves

Why not Bacuna instead of Bent to replace Sanchez, At Least Bacuna has played in midfield

Bacuna isn't defensive, and is probably the only player on the bench who would have made our collective inability in possession even worse.

Bacuna would have been the last person I'd want to put on to protect a lead. Chasing a goal? Maybe.

Â